All reviews indoor pool and sauna per day easy access train station breakfast was excellent double room the main street air conditioning the river rhein comfort boats
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I traveled Europe with Globus. We were supposed to stay at the NH Bingen on the other side of the Rhine River. Unfortunately there was a glitch with Globus and they "found this little gem" for us in little old Ruedesheim. Our guide claimed that this place was a "gem". Boy everyone should have to stay in a "gem" like this.

Like another poster said, the Traube has 2 separate (areas)We were "fortunate" to get rooms in their old section. All rooms had furnishings at least 40 years old. Our room on the 4th floor had dormer windows and our room sloped so when getting up at night, you would hit your head. (I am very short in stature)

Elevator never worked so we hauled all of our luggage up 4 flights of stairs several time. No porter, just the owner's children. Hah. No air conditioning and it was stifling in room. I asked for a fan. They stated that they did not have one and I told them that there was an Aldi's down the street and they could get me one there. Finally they gave me one that belonged in one of the Motel offices and the room became bearable.

However, what was the MOST UNBEARABLE, was the trains that are 10 feet across the street from the Traube. They came through every 3 minutes throughout the night and were loud. If you remember the show "I Love Lucy"-you will remember the Ricardo's and Mertz's staying in a hotel next to the train tracks and the room shaking when a train goes by. Well that is exactly what happened here. Our room vibrated loudly everytime a train went by.

If you must stay here because there is nothing else, lower your expectations. Just think that this is the way things must have been 40 years ago before modern conveniences like AC, good lighting in hall, smoke detectors (2 people on trip were firefighters and found no smoke detectors and also found smoke doorways locked) a flat screen tv, a hair dryer, a good quality bed and sheets. Unfortunately it is not the 70's anymore. Just don't stay here if they make you take the old side.

Room Tip: IF you must stay here, get a room in the back of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2014

A nice hotel located close to the town center and also the train station.
A cozy indoor pool is really amazing. I don't see that often in other hotels in Europe.
Very friendly staff, knowldwgable. He advised me an amazing route for my one day tour in Rüdesheim and Assmannhausen.
And also amazing yummy breakfast, with very nice view outside the restaurant window.
I will for sure stay-in again the next time when I come back to Rüdesheim.

Room Tip: It's all non smoking room. But I guess u can sit and smoke downstairs at the table outside,and maybe grab a beer at the same time ;)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sophie Z
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is right opposite the river and very near to where the Rhine cruise boats stop. It is also just a few steps from the famous Drosselgasse street. Breakfast had an excellent choice of both hot and cold items and the room was extremely comfortable. Highly recommended and we wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cobb52
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have recently stayed at Hoteltraube and like to say, that this is NOT worth a 4 Star rating , given by DEHOGA, were a 4 Star is suppose to be "generous room size, high quality of furniture in good condition," which is the total opposite here....this hotel has not seen an interior makeover in at least 40 years... Even the TV is max. 20 inches and outdated. The bed is so small that for a tall man , it feels like a Ken and Barbie bed.The room we stayed in was a tiny room with no storage ! For a couple with 2 big suitcases,we had to live out of the suitcase which we had to keep on the only table in the room, and the one stand that was supplied. Needless to say , there was hardly any room to turn around !!! We do travel a lot and usually stay in 4-5 Star Hotels and I never have seen anything like this? To get to our room , we took the elevator to the 2nd floor, then had to carry the heavy suitcase ( with no help without extra charge offered) , down a staircase, and right up another staircase to get to our room !!! Never seen anything like it !
When we arrived, to get to the lobby (old and outdated) , we had to walk through a long bar first.
The credit card service was NOT available , the pool was not available , due to maintenance, and there was no Internet for 2days. ( Yes , these problems can happen anywhere and we did not complain about it, it just adds to the bad image we already had and there was no apology given for anything.) Also there was an extra charge for outside parking, which in my opinion should be part of the service.
The breakfast was very nice but the restaurant were we ate, had a train passing by every 5 minutes, which made any conversations difficult, and it was annoying over time. ( Make sure to ask for a quiet room in the back of the Hotel to avoid this problem)
I would never stay in this Hotel again since the rating is totally misleading. I am originally from Germany and we are in our early 60's. We know what to expect from a 4 Star Hotel. This one does not meet the criteria of Dehoga ( Deutsche Hotel Classifizierung ) which means German Hotel Qualifications. There are other Hotels in the neigborhood that are 3 Stars and they are by far better then this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back of the building. The front is quite noisy with trains passing every 5 minutes !!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gabriele Z
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I picked this hotel for ease of access from the Boppard area. Unfortunately there was a Biker convention in town ( the crowds were all fine, but it wasn't the experience I was expecting) with most of the major routes to the hotel closed. Getting to the hotel which should have been easy was a disaster. We had confirmed parking as the hotel indicated there was limited parking. I received an email several weeks before our arrival date that confirmed my parking. When we arrived...guess what...no parking, the confirmation "must have been an error". The staff were pleasant but they couldn't do anything. Fortunately our room was on the back of the hotel...so away from the bike race on the Rheinstrasse in front of the hotel. I ended up parking almost a mile away. I would suggest that as this is probably an annual event that the hotel actually advise other guests of the situation so they can be either be forewarned or make other arrangements to visit on a different timeframe. The very least they could do is advise individual guests on how to get to the hotel with the major roads closed. I forget the exact dates but it was the end of May and the Biker event was at least 4/5 days.

Room Tip: Check your dates. Unless of course you own a Harley in which case you'll have a lot of fun...there were some nice bikes there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple