“Dreadful rude staff”

Hoteltraube Ruedesheim
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

After booking on a site we arrived and my partner called in to find out the whereabouts of the private parking we had paid 10 euros for . I was left blocking the road for nearly ten mins whilst the receptionist finished working the bar . After parking we enquired if we should pay now or on checkout as we had pre paid / reserved on booking site . He then shouted very aggressively we should "pay now and not with a credit card " I was quite taken aback and embarrassed by his behaviour and asked him not to speak to me in that way . He then called the booking company . By this time we no longer wanted to stay there . He then offered us drinks which we declined and he retorted " they are free ! " he passed us onto the booking co and the stay was cancelled . On return of the key he shouted sarcastically "have a nice day " in front of lots of onlookers . So unprofessional , glad we didn't stay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Out of my 237 reviews on TripAdvisor, I believe this is my only poor review.
It wasn't easy finding Hotel Traube. I get out of the car and walk around. It looked like I found the entrance, so I enter but no one is around. There's a sign in German maybe stating to enter somewhere else?. So I go back outside and look further down and I realize that I have to enter through a bar first to get to the reception area of the hotel. My husband and daughter are waiting in the car outside on the street blocking the way, so I ask the man at the front desk if it's okay to temporarily park at the hotel while we unload our luggage. And before I finished my sentence, he says "I have no parking for you." Not a hello, or a welcome, but "I have no parking for you." I then ask him again if we can temporarily leave the car out front while we unload and he says we can leave the car out front for 7 minutes, but then we would have to find parking at one of the public lots for €15 per day. He was NOT very friendly. It was 1pm and he said he had a room ready for us. Unfortunately, it was a room facing the side of the building with no A/C. Since it's on the side of the building, there's no cross breeze. I go back to the front desk and I ask about a room with A/C and he tells me that none of the rooms have A/C.
After we dropped off our luggage, we went to look where we can park our car. Unfortunately, we had to pay in coins and I didn't have €15 in coins and the man at the front desk didn't help with no change. After not having much luck getting change from a store, we go to the bank and the bank is closed until 2pm. So we waited in the car until 2pm so we can have coins to pay for parking! I can't believe that Hotel Traube did NOT have parking for us. And if they're not going to have parking, they should at least have change! I was reading through the hotel notes in regards to parking and there was nothing indicating that they might not have parking available. Their brochure has "Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 10 per day." They need to change their brochure.

That night, it was so hot that we didn't get any sleep. Unfortunately, there was also a loud train that ran every 15 minutes. And because they have a bar that's open 24 hours, there were people singing loud until 1am in the morning.
In the morning, we go to the front desk and ask the lady there is any way we can change rooms, and unfortunately, they were booked that night. She said she would have been able to change our room the day before. I didn't think about asking for another room the day we checked in. We could have asked for a room facing the back of the building.
The 2nd night, we kept the windows open, which helped a lot. We had it closed the night before because of the train and loud bar people. The 2nd night was better with the windows open, but there were loud people at the bar singing at the top of their lungs from 1am - 2am!

In the morning, we go to breakfast and there's a table open near the window facing the Rhine River and it's reserved. Actually, all the tables near the window were reserved. So we were able to reserve a front table for the following morning.

There was one lady at the bar, who was very kind and gave us 3 full glasses of ice each night, because we were so hot.

I do NOT recommend this hotel. Their "spacious rooms" and "5 star sleep with our outstanding carabed" is false advertisement. I was reading the reviews and I was surprised at some of the high ratings. Although one woman said she wasn't sure if she was staying at the same hotel as the good reviews. This hotel felt like a $50/night Motel 6.

One of the good things about the hotel was the breakfast, and the nice lady at the bar. But that's about it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We paid 85 euro per night for one double room, the room was all dusty, it was not thoroughly cleaned and in the first night we found a big spider on the wall, I was freaking out!

The room is very small (it looks much bigger in the pictures, so beware) it has old furniture (TV was very old) and it does not have a mini-fridge.

Location is good, is in Rudesheim's center, close to all of the main attractions. Breakfast was also good, food was fresh and varied. Breakfast time is from 7-11 am, which is quite convenient if you are not a morning person.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017

My three girlfriend's and I stayed a night here and loved to view of the Rhein from the (free!) breakfast room the next morning. We did not get to try out the pool, but it looked clean and welcoming. I'd recommend!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2017

A very good quality quality hotel at nice price, 55 euros for a double room, breakfast included. Clean, comfort, with all you need to spend one or more days in very attractive Rüdesheim. Breakfast with great variety in the restaurant seeing Rhein river.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tripper1789
Reviewed 8 November 2016

The hotel was in the centre of town great location was cheap compared to others in area clean room was big enough had a little pool to splash about in with a sauna the only thing I can complain about is the TV very old model and no sky in the rooms even though it is available in their bar area their is noise from the train line going through town but all the hotels have the same problem spoke to other travellers from a different hotel great breakfast

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016

This hotel was our first choice from the hotels that had availability on our travel dates; it is an easy walk to Drosselgasse, and the "Talstation der Niederwaldbahn" that brings you to the "Niederwalddenkmal" a historic site that is a must see! The hotel is also a great home base for visiting "Schloss Johannisberg" and "Schloss Vollrads" which are nearby. After sightseeing there is an indoor pool and sauna to finish the day. We also took advantage of the in house laundry service, it was great to come back to our room and find our clothes clean and folded!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the river and train tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple