All reviewscovered walkwaymain terminalan early flightnice poolbefore departurebig hotelbusiness tripan overnight staysmall gymflat screen tvstayed one nightconvenient locationcomfortable roomstea and coffee making facilitiesbusiness hotelmin walkshort stay
Reviewed November 23, 2017

The hotel is right at the airport which is convenient for business travel. But the staff are not friendly, they are not organized and certainly do provide a warm welcome for guest at arrival. I was forced to pay 20 euros because my room reservation was not guaranteed because I arrived after 18:00. No one had the courtesy of informing me and I had no choice but to accept so I can have a place to sleep that night. Horrible place!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ola H
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear Ola H,

actually this is not the way the front desk team is working. As I do not have more information from your site I am not in the position to follow the issue up. No surcharge will be charged anytime of the day if a reservation is not guaranteed by credit card. The only risk you have that a non guaranteed will be deleted from the system at 6 pm in certain periods of time when the hotel is fully booked. I think it is a bit unfair to call us a horrible place.

Maritim Airport Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is good. Walking from the airport takes a couple of minutes. Staff is professional and good. Bed is a bit on the soft side for me, but that's just my preferance.
If you need to have a meeting with an agent from a foreign power where you are discussing the launch codes for the big hamburger catapult, then you really can't go wrong with the foyer in this hotel. It's impressive.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Oskar B,
thanks a lot for sharing your great review. I am more than happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Thank you for choosing the Maritim Airport Hotel.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

I stayed here one night while on business. I'm not sure why others feel it is over-priced. From my perspective I thought the value was very good. It's a large property, clean and comfortable.

The signage in the airport was a bit lacking but after asking, I found my way to the hotel.

I would stay here again if I needed an airport hotel in Hannover.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear pawpower,

thanks a lot for sharing your awesome review.
We are looking forward to welcome you anytime soon again.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Was there for a business trip. Hotel was connected to the airport via a walkway. It took 8mins walk from the main terminal to the airport. Restaurants and mini mart are all located within the terminal. Train to the city center was also located within the terminal so the hotel was in a pretty convenient location
Rooms were slightly dated but did well enough for a business stay.
Breakfast had quite a fair variety.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Elizabeth P,
thanks a lot for sharing your review.
Trust you had a safe flight back home.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Accessibility - its a 2-3 min walk from the airport. So no issues.
Cost of rooms - Reasonable (relatively speaking)
Restaurants - there are 2 + 1 bar + 1 coffee shop. The restaurants are relative expensive (say at Euro 25-30 per person).

WiFi - If you stay there, you get WiFi access. However, the default WiFi is pathetically slow, even for emails. Also, its unstable. For a 'business' hotel, this is just not done.

The paid 'premium' WiFi is around Euro 5 (valid for 24 hours). However, you can only use it on one device at a time, which is not helpful.

The rooms are ok in size, however the room was warm for me (even with the air con controls in 'Cold'). I stayed in the first week of October. I require the room temp to be cool (say around 18C) but it was nowhere near that. Thankfully, I was carrying a USB fan which I plugged into my battery pack to give me some air blowing in my face when I slept. By the way, the bathroom in my room came with a bidet which was great !

The phones in the rooms (I tried in 3 rooms) were crackling a lot when you called the reception or another room. Almost unusable for any conversations over 2 minutes.

There are no restaurants or shops near-by (barring the couple in the airport opposite the hotel).

Since I didn't use the parking services, the pool or the gym, I can't comment on those.

The staff, overall, were moderately friendly.

Room Tip: If you can, negotiate the 'premium' WiFi and breakfast into your room rate.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jkmani
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear jkmani,
thanks a lot for taking the time to share your review.
Concerning your hint I recommend to book the Premium package in addition to the room using our website maritim.de. The package includes breakfast, premium wifi, minibar consumption and early check in/late check out.
The bar menu contains several options for around 10 € depends of what you like.

We are looking forward to welcome you anytime soon.