All reviews old town within walking distance great hotel nice room comfortable bed city centre dom location parking wifi carolus
Reviewed April 12, 2017

The Best Western Hotel Regence in Aachen is located very centrally - the hotel shows its age in many places but in my opinion not really negatively. The room decor is just lovely.

What I liked
- Very friendly check-in. Communication in general is above standard.
- Quiet rooms
- Good and quick WiFi
- Great breakfast
- Option to include Minibar in room price
- Clean
- Cozy beds

What I did not like
- There is a garage with 5 parking places beneath the hotel. Before you enter be aware that this garage is very narrow with a very steep angel access. Only drive in there if you are a very experienced driver in a small car. We warned!
- No real restaurant on premises

Be also aware to check first which of the Best Western hotels you have booked because they are not far from each other on the same street.

Room tip: Higher rooms are better
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2016

Service was excellent: We asked for a double room with extra bed for our son, and received at the normal cost of an extra bed: a double room (with sauna in het bathroom, yes, room 506), with a connecting door to a single room with kitchenette and a sitting corner ! And at the back of the hotel, as requested, to have a quiet stay, away from the noise of the street and busstation.
We had reserved a parking space in the parking garage of the hotel, this was in a street at the back of the hotel, just 5 minutes away: excellent ! And only for 9 EUR extra.
Breakfast was very good, also the service there: the breakfast-lady brought us coffee even before we even asked, and she offered our son hot chocolate. When our coffee was finished, she brought new coffee, again, even before we asked ! Breakfast was also very good, with lots of choice.
Location is super: directly near shops, Christmas market, etc....
We had an excellent stay and would definitely return. We even recommend the hotel to family and friends.

Room tip: room 506 at the back of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2016

This hotel is next to the bus station and 500 metres from the main shopping area of Aachen. Fantastic breakfast buffet and the staff could not of been nicer.

The rooms are compact but plenty big enough for a 2 night stay. If you are looking for super deluxe then pay for the Mecure Hotel next door but if you just want a base for being out and about in Aachen on a budget then this is the place to stay!

Hotel is 600 metres from very pretty Christmas Market dotted all around the cathedral - busy but eary to move around and see the stalls.

Room tip: As for a room on a high floor at the back of the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit the Christmas Market, which is less than ten minutes walk from the hotel.

Rooms are clean, with comfortable beds. Staff are really helpful, willing to offer suggestions of where to eat/drink and to assist however needed.

Would definitely stay again if visiting Aachen.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2016

My wife and I arrived and checked into the Regence together with a few colleagues, ahead of a delegation that we were looking after. Although my wife's details were not registered the staff were clearly aware that we were checking jointly into a double room.
The next morning I checked out and received my bill which listed the incidentals. I left the hotel with the delegation whereas my wife stayed someone longer and consumed the breakfast which was meant to be included in the rate (only 1 was consumed under my room number). When she left the hotel later in the morning she was stopped and asked to pay 20 Euro for the double occupancy. Strangely enough this was not requested when I checked out and also not when I left the hotel. Furthermore the difference between a single and double room is Euro 10. And best of all, the staff was not willing to issue any receipt whatsoever.
My wife was hugely embarrassed as she could only assume that this was some sort of "working girl" tax that the front office staff "levy" to bolster their coffee kitty.
I certainly would not recommend this hotel due to this incident and will make the Best Western chain aware of the practices in this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business