“Great Basic Hotel with a Mix of Friendly and Gruff Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Am Bahnhof

Hotel Am Bahnhof
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aachen
Hotel Am Bahnhof
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Aachen
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Basic Hotel with a Mix of Friendly and Gruff Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

I've stayed at Hotel am Bahnhoff three times over the last 20 years at regular intervals (for trips that are a mix of business and pleasure). It just seems to get better. Basic digs, tastefully decorated, very clean, modern rooms with TV (mine didn't work), en suite shower/WC and phone. Wireless internet was a big plus for me, as was the ample and tasty breakfast, great price, and convenient location across from the Bahnhof, with shops, internet cafe, restaurants, bank machines and travel agencies all around and just a 10 minute walk to the center (and historic heart) of the city. No hairdryers or in-room coffee pots that business travelers might be used to elsewhere but I would have rated this a great find--didn't even mind the wake-up call (after a long night to finish some work I brought with me) to tell me to hurry down to breakfast before they closed. However, when I arrived downstairs five minutes later at 10 minutes before 10 am and was told breakfast was finished and I could not come in--I was more than irritated. Bring your own bottled water, kleenex, energy for walking the stairs, and a good disposition if you don't speak German. I would rate this 3.5--much better than average for the money--almost a 4.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ansbach, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2006

Arrived in Aachen and found that most of the hotels were closed for New Year's break until Jan 8th. Found Hotal Am Bahnhof directly across the street from the train station. The owner spoke understandable English and was very helpful in giving me directions to various places. For 39 Euros I got a small but clean room with small TV and private toilet/sink & shower with plenty of hot water. The room I had was very quiet although some minor noise from TV next door. The great price included German breakfast with rolls, cheese, meats, hard boiled eggs, cereals, sweetbreads, juice, coffee/tea. One drawback was that the Hotel Am Bahnhof and Hotel Stadt Koblenz are owned by the same person and breakfast is served only in Hotel Stadt Koblenz so I had to walk two doors down each morning for breakfast. The only other disadvantage was that there is no elevator so I got additional exercise going up and down the stairs. The hotel is maybe 15 min from the Old Town section of Aachen and a healthy walk or a 10 min bus ride to Carolus Therem. I found it to be a good value for the money.

2 Thank topchop46