All reviews quiet side street fresh fruit small hotel cold meats walking distance would stay again excellent breakfast main station cheese dom comfort
Reviewed March 26, 2017

I was booked in here by business colleagues in Koln. It is a simple hotel but the rooms are quite large, and the hotel staff helped me find a hairdresser when I needed one at the last minute. I missed breakfast, which is the one meal served. There were however, lovely fresh juices when I checked in. The hotel is very centrally located near WDR, near the city museum, and a short walk from the cathedral and the main other attractions. If you are looking for 24 hour room service this is not your place. But if you are looking for a solid hotel with big rooms centrally located this is a good bet.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2016

Rooms not big but clean and perfectly adequate for couple of days or for a single guest, location is good, staff helpful and breakfast simply fantastic - I have never had a better breakfast in any hotel, ever ( regardless of the cost per night or location ). For short stay for a family or couple or for about up to a week for a single business traveller it is one of the best place I have ever been to.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Eventually found this quaint hotel not far from the famous Cathedral. The assistant was very helpful as we arrived rather late at night and directed us to the underground parking opposite the hotel. The room was very clean, nice bathroom but carpet a bit tired looking. TV and free Wifi available. Breakfast next morning was an outstanding surprise! In all our travels we have never had such a variety of fresh fruits on offer. A juicer was on hand to produce fresh orange juice, there were all sorts of other fresh juices available. Naturally, eggs, bacon and fresh baked rolls were on hand. We could not have wished for a better breakfast, even better than home too!
The city offered a variety of interesting restaurants and also clothing boutiques which my wife took advantage of! Definitely will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2016

This is an interesting hotel. I think there are only 16 rooms but don't quote me on that. There is a small elevator so you're okay if you took tons of luggage to Europe. The proprietor and staff are informative and friendly.

The room I ended up with faced the street but the noise level was not a problem. If you are a really light sleeper, that may not apply since traffic noise exists if you have the windows open. The windows are very effective at reducing noise. Very hot temperature seasons could pose an issue.

The included breakfast is unique. They seemed to have access to a large variety of fruit, so free apples and oranges were available from the lobby. At breakfast there are unique fruit smoothies every day. Multiple combinations are available with different fruit within, and this seemed to change daily. If you're into fruit smoothie, this is the place for you. Hot items are available. A free bottle of seltzer water is available each day.

it is located less than 10 min walk from the train station and many of the downtown attractions. You can walk to many of the sites located near the Dom. This was an important feature for me, since I was not driving.

The room itself was small but clean, as was the bathroom. The bathroom I had could be a challenge if you are of the robust sized, since the space between shower and sink was not roomy. All in all, I still like this hotel more than a new modern budget hotel I rented in Copenhagen. (Cabinn Metro)

Room Tip: The larger rooms are probably not that much more expensive, so check those out.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank P_Jones32655
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and the bed very comfy. A truly surprise finding close to everything in the city. The boutique style healthy and extremely satisfying buffet breakfast was amazing! Best one I've had since a long time. As a scientist studying metabolism, I especially appreciate the massive amount of fruits provided 24h by the reception. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple