Cerano Hotel Koln City
US$87
US$84
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Die Wohngemeinschaft Hostel(Cologne)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
US$235
US$202
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquiet side streetfresh fruitsmall hotelcold meatsshort staywalking distancewould stay againexcellent breakfastmain stationcheesedomcomfort
Reviewed May 1, 2017

My room was well overdue for a makeover... tired paintwork, faded carpet, broken blinds, no electrical wall sockets (only one under the bed that had been ripped off the skirting board). The bathroom was so small that the door hit the washbasin and the soap dispenser was empty on arrival. Guests help themselves to fresh fruits & cakes at reception during the day, and have a larger choice of fruit for breakfast. Unfortunately, all that fruit brings with it a huge amount of fruit flies - many of which end up trapped INSIDE cling-film that is meant to protect it. I wish I'd stayed elsewhere!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed April 17, 2017

We stayed here for 1 night to head into the city just before Easter. First of all we made a mistake while initially making the reservation and the hotel was so nice to rebook us to the correct date without any fees. I could really appreciate this as we were looking forward to this trip so much. We arrived at around 1PM but we could park the car and get our room already so this was also a nice surprise when arriving. In the hall there was tons of fresh fruit to take if we wanted as well. The room was a perfect size 2P and the beds were really nice and comfy. One of the better beds that I have had in a hotel. Room was also nice and clean and we could open the window, which is also a nice thing to have. During the night I was surprised of how quiet the hotel is, which is a good thing to get a good night of sleep after running around in the city for a complete day.
We had breakfast on Easter morning and it was overloaded with fresh fruit, fruit juices, yoghurt, meats, bread, basically everything you could want for breakfast.

The hotel is really close to the city centre (Dom), about a 5 minutes walk, which we found an advantage as we could leave the car and not worry about parking charges or anything. From the hotel you walk straight into the shopping centre or, when you walk in the direction of the Rhine you can enjoy the walk through the old city centre.

The hotel completed our 1 day city trip and I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2017

I was booked in here by business colleagues in Koln. It is a simple hotel but the rooms are quite large, and the hotel staff helped me find a hairdresser when I needed one at the last minute. I missed breakfast, which is the one meal served. There were however, lovely fresh juices when I checked in. The hotel is very centrally located near WDR, near the city museum, and a short walk from the cathedral and the main other attractions. If you are looking for 24 hour room service this is not your place. But if you are looking for a solid hotel with big rooms centrally located this is a good bet.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2016

Rooms not big but clean and perfectly adequate for couple of days or for a single guest, location is good, staff helpful and breakfast simply fantastic - I have never had a better breakfast in any hotel, ever ( regardless of the cost per night or location ). For short stay for a family or couple or for about up to a week for a single business traveller it is one of the best place I have ever been to.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Eventually found this quaint hotel not far from the famous Cathedral. The assistant was very helpful as we arrived rather late at night and directed us to the underground parking opposite the hotel. The room was very clean, nice bathroom but carpet a bit tired looking. TV and free Wifi available. Breakfast next morning was an outstanding surprise! In all our travels we have never had such a variety of fresh fruits on offer. A juicer was on hand to produce fresh orange juice, there were all sorts of other fresh juices available. Naturally, eggs, bacon and fresh baked rolls were on hand. We could not have wished for a better breakfast, even better than home too!
The city offered a variety of interesting restaurants and also clothing boutiques which my wife took advantage of! Definitely will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple