All reviewsthe riverheavy luggageminutes walk awaythe ground floorrheinaltstadt
Reviewed May 8, 2016

I had really bad experience, which happened to many people. I got the room 45 on the top (4th floor, no elevator). I couldn't sleep at all because of horrible noise caused by the ventilation situated in the hall next to my door. Nobody was there after 8pm. But I spoke with restaurant staff members and the owner of the property came during the night, he admitted that the noise caused problems. The next morning, the front desk staff again admitted that the issue was KNOWN to them. They said that they cannot modify the structure of their property and the guests should be asked to tolerate it !!! They do not proposed me any compensation (saying that the room was payed via Booking.com). So, I called and complained to Booking in front of them during the check-out. I forward many videos to Booking.com supporting that the noise was horrible! Booking.com contacted them many many times but the hotel staff do not cooperate.. Of course, no significant gesture from them ! Finally, I just want to thank the Booking Customer Service Team who did an excellent job and support me a lot during this nightmare.

The only positive thing is the view from the hotel ! But i wouldn't recommand this hotel for many reasons.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank winimoush
Reviewed January 10, 2016

A day before we went to Köln, for the Christmas fairs. There are 8 squares to visit with the most beautiful in the Altstadt. If you want a nice cosy hotel close to Köln Dom church, Löwenbräu is to be recommended. Parking easily to do in the Heumarkt underground parking for 16 euro a day. Hotel itself is ok, room sufficient and morning breakfast fresh lot of various things to eat.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2015

The hotel is in an excellent location in the centre of everything Cologne! Rooms are small and basic but perfectly acceptable, although if you do not like a lot of stairs this could be an issue if you are high up. Free Wi-Fi was not brilliant in my room but I was quite high up. Plenty of restaurants (including downstairs) and pubs in the area so great for socialising! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2015

The hotel is less 10 minutes from Koln Hbf, situated in a good position , full of pubs, bars, restaurants, ecc.. The staff is very kind and helpful, room clean and good quality/price. They also give you a discount for the restaurant downstairs

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2015

I found my stay here to be very good. The staff were pleasant and polite and always willing to help.

Location: A short 5-8min walk from the main train station, Dom and main shopping area. Also this is right on the Rhine - perfect for a nice evening stroll! There is a restaurant downstairs which is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Hotel: The hotel is basic, but really how long should you be spending in your room while on holiday!! It was always clean and had the amenities that I required - private bathroom, TV (so I could watch the rugby) and free wifi. The noise from outside and other rooms was very minimal. There is no lift at the hotel so not the best if you are unable to walk up stairs.

Restaurant on site: I didn't eat at the restaurant but it was generally busy in the evening. I didn't eat there only due to the fact that it was a bit pricy for me (this was the end of my trip so was trying to save some cash - so went for street food instead)

Overall an OK place to stay - would rate around the 2-3 star Hotel wise. Great location in the Old Town and close walking distance to a lot of the attractions in Cologne.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo