All reviewsthe riverheavy luggageminutes walk awaythe ground floorrheinaltstadt
Reviewed January 10, 2017

I arrived late and reception was closed but the keys were down in the bar area which is open to 3am. The room was the same one that I had on my previous visit, clean and functional with the private toilet and shower across the corridor. I alternate between this hotel and the Rhein St Martin which is virtually next door depending on the deal offered.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2016

I had really bad experience, which happened to many people. I got the room 45 on the top (4th floor, no elevator). I couldn't sleep at all because of horrible noise caused by the ventilation situated in the hall next to my door. Nobody was there after 8pm. But I spoke with restaurant staff members and the owner of the property came during the night, he admitted that the noise caused problems. The next morning, the front desk staff again admitted that the issue was KNOWN to them. They said that they cannot modify the structure of their property and the guests should be asked to tolerate it !!! They do not proposed me any compensation (saying that the room was payed via Booking.com). So, I called and complained to Booking in front of them during the check-out. I forward many videos to Booking.com supporting that the noise was horrible! Booking.com contacted them many many times but the hotel staff do not cooperate.. Of course, no significant gesture from them ! Finally, I just want to thank the Booking Customer Service Team who did an excellent job and support me a lot during this nightmare.

The only positive thing is the view from the hotel ! But i wouldn't recommand this hotel for many reasons.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank winimoush
Reviewed January 10, 2016

A day before we went to Köln, for the Christmas fairs. There are 8 squares to visit with the most beautiful in the Altstadt. If you want a nice cosy hotel close to Köln Dom church, Löwenbräu is to be recommended. Parking easily to do in the Heumarkt underground parking for 16 euro a day. Hotel itself is ok, room sufficient and morning breakfast fresh lot of various things to eat.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2015

The hotel is in an excellent location in the centre of everything Cologne! Rooms are small and basic but perfectly acceptable, although if you do not like a lot of stairs this could be an issue if you are high up. Free Wi-Fi was not brilliant in my room but I was quite high up. Plenty of restaurants (including downstairs) and pubs in the area so great for socialising! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2015

The hotel is less 10 minutes from Koln Hbf, situated in a good position , full of pubs, bars, restaurants, ecc.. The staff is very kind and helpful, room clean and good quality/price. They also give you a discount for the restaurant downstairs

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo