“Delicious Sushi... In Germany?!”

Kyoto Inh. Hyun-Sa On
Ranked #18 of 839 Restaurants in Dortmund
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

I was in Dortmund for a few months for work. The first high rated (on Yelp) sushi place I tried hardly had any fish in their "sushi". I had almost all but given up on having sushi while living in this lovely city. I was skeptical when a coworker recommended this restaurant - but boyyyyy was I glad I tried it!

Some of the BEST sashimi I've had (and I'm used to the amazing sashimi places in Los Angeles). The variety plate with multiple types of sashimi was my favorite!

Highly recommended. I think I started going once a week for the last few months I lived in town!!

1  Thank BeccaD120

Reviewed February 5, 2016 via mobile

Very delicious Sushi! Staff is friendly - location is elegant and comfortable! Reservation is highly recommended! Price is at a high level & worth because of the good quality!

Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

Arrived at 8pm and the restaurant was quiet so no delay or waiting to be served. Staff were very nice and welcoming. Menu choice is excellent and quite vast so we went for a bento box, miso and teriyaki chicken. Overall it was very good and the sushi and sashimi was excellent and so so fresh. Overall we enjoyed our evening and had no complaints. Would definitely revisit

1  Thank Pablo9522
Reviewed October 5, 2015

The sushi and sashimi in this place is ok but not more.
On the other hand, we had to wait very long for the food.
The first course (Miso soup) took over an hour, and between it and
the main (Sushi and Sashimi) took another hour.
Finally, after asking for the bill, it took them over half an hour.

Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

Very good sushi, traditional ones as well as others. I really liked the crazy crab, was very tasty. Restaurant is nice and servive friendly.