All reviews train station great hotel rooms are big football weekend one night the hotel staff comfortable bed main station on arrival walking distance central location business trip bedroom city bathtub euros tv
Reviewed May 30, 2018

These were some of the worst nights in a hotel ever.

In some ways, the hotel lives up to the NH brand: the suites are spacious, the furnishing similar to what you would have elsewhere, the breakfast buffet very nice.

In terms of quality of sleep, this has been a disaster, though. I have visited during something of an unseasonally warm May. The A/C did not work and the room was hot even at 11pm when I checked in, with the windows opening onto the main railway station underneath closed. If the A/C did work, some of the noise, i.e. regular dispatches and trains passing by all night, would have been muted with windows closed, and the temperature would be more acceptable, but without the A/C, it was a genuine pain.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jakub M
Christoph S, Manager at NH Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear Jakub M,

thank you for your stay with us and your feedback.

I am really sorry for the circumstances during your stay!!
Your are absolutely right with your complaint and I am totally on your side. I will check immediatly with my technician the aircondition in the room! Would this situation happen to me I would be also disappointed like you.
Please for your next stay in any Hotel please do not hesitate to contact the recetpion immediatly. So we can change the rooms and solve the issue directly!
Also thank you for your comment, so we can improve our service and facility.

I hope there is a chance to welcome you again with us, so we can show you at a second stay what service excellence really means for us.

Best Regards from Dortmund

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Booked an Apartment at this hotel. Excellent value for the price. Lots of space, nice double aspect view over the city and good bedding. Well located too being next to the Station and directly above the U-bahn, with the hotel car park costing 8 euros per day.

Only negative was the poor house-keeping which didn't remove dirty glasses, replenish coffee and knocked over our toiletries - however the hotel still deserves 5 stars based on value for the space you get.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Christoph S, Manager at NH Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Dear floating_goat,

thank you so much for your stay with us and your great and helpful review.

I am very happy, that you had such a good stay with us and I am very sorry for the housekeeping issues. I will personally take care of it to make sure that this will not happen again.

We hope to welcome you again in Dortmund

Best and sunny Regards

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Friendly staff, quick check-in, enough parking space, spacious clean room. Nice to have a fridge in the room. Would have liked a watercooker/hotcup in the room for making coffee or tea. Room was very warm (even with all windows open....), no airconditioning! Quiet room facing the courtyard. Location is great! Walking distance to citycenter, shops, restaurants and museum.

Room Tip: When travelling in summer ask for room with airconditioning!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Esther v,

thank you so much for your stay with us and your review.

I am very sorry for the circumstances during your stay. I will check together with my technician the installations in the room. I am so sorry for the warm room. Please let us know at any futher stay directly if there is any problem, so we can react on time.
For your next stay I reccomend to book one of our appartments. In this category you will find a free nespresso and tea facility.

We hope to welcome you again with us in Dortmund

Best and sunny Regards

Reviewed May 15, 2018

The rooms are spacious, clean and beds are comfortable. It is only 2 minutes walk from Central station and 5 mins walk to downtown. Staffs were friendly and helpful. We did not have any breakfast at hotel, so can't make comment on it. But we will stay again if we visit Dortmund again.

Room Tip: Would recommend family room with a folded sofa for family trips
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Christoph S, Manager at NH Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Miachris,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your great comment on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is a big motivation for my entire team and we are proud to welcome you again with us.
Personally I am very happy about your comment due to my staff. Thank you!

We looking forward for your next stay in Dortmund.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Fab hotel in a central location....perfect distance to walk into the main town.
Room was lovely....very stylish!, TV design was very cool, bathroom very funky with hair dryer included, lots of fresh towels. Bed very comfy and curtains are blackout. Fixtures and fittings are all very stylish and modern and of a really good quality ....we stayed on level 5, we had a crappy view but didn't bother us as only staying for one night.
Staff friendly enough...free WiFi a bonus!
Breakfast: lots of choices at breakfast time with the added extra of lactofree and gluten free options...they'll even make you a fresh omelette....wish there was beans to go with the cooked selection (maybe being too British).
Under ground carpark was convenient with direct access to the hotel. €9 for our one night stay (Not sure if it's a day rate or set charge though)....make sure you pay at check out in hotel otherwise you get stuck at the barrier.

€130 for 2 adults, one night stay with breakfast!

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Christoph S, Manager at NH Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear Skinny84,

thank you so much for your stay with us and your great and constructive review.

I am very happy, that you had a comfortable stay with us and I thank for for the whole feedback. The most important for me is that my team is polite, friendly and accommadating.

We looking forward to welcome you again with us.

Best Regards from Dortmund