“Really good Indian restaurant in Dortmund ”
Review of Bega Restaurant

Bega Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 849 Restaurants in Dortmund
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

If you want to eat Indian food in Dortmund, I highly recommend the Bega. Traditional decoration, nice staff and a lots of choice of dishes, also for the vegetarian people.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Been there with a group of friends. Nice restaurant hidden in a side street. Delicious curry and funny waiter (the waitress was ok, not as good as her colleague). The naan was very tasty and after that I had the fish curry. Had the impression that rice was not enough, we could have ordered more. Only negative thing: the restaurant was quite cold. Don't know if the heating was not on or why the temperature was so low. Altough spicy curry can defintely warm you up! ;)

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

We came here for my birthday dinner this year. The waiter took very long in bringing our drinks and was asked multiple times to bring some water, which he forgot twice.
There was a wide variety of dishes on the menu. The food we had was good but somehow monotonous in taste.

I'd recommend this to everyone who'd like to have some casual Indian food and does not need to be blown away.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed June 16, 2016

We had dinner at this place last Saturday (11/6/2016). The food was average - nothing worthy to mention - all the curries were almost same taste and the garlic naan was plain naan with some garlic oil brushed! The daal tadka, chicken jalfrezi, and bhindi masala - if I am not wrong its all cooked using the same gravy. I think cooking is an art - and on specific days food can taste bad to particular individuals, but what should be consistent of a restaurant is the courtesy and behaviour of the staff - this place really lacks it. Flamboyancy is not good when your quality is poor. The decor of the restaurant was average (a bit extra loud to me) but portions of serving was more than enough. I think I would be more than happy to avoid this place when I visit this beautiful city Dortmund.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Not disappointed with the food here at all. Too often I find the Indian experience wanting when outside the UK but I was very happy to have found this place. The staff were accommodating and friendly. Good beer, good food, decent price. All good.

Date of visit: April 2016