“top location”

Hotel Alt Duesseldorf
Ranked #169 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 30 March 2017

great location, surrounds the local bars and even has irish bars below. Rooms are a little quirky with huge beams through them but fine for the price we paid. the bars below were noisy but didnt bother us as we were there to drink and stay out late anyway. great place to stay in the centre of dussledorf for a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting some friends in Düsseldorf. Overall a good place especially for the price. The good; location can't be beat, breakfast was pretty good for Europe, the staff were nice (I think it's family run), and the room was comfortable enough. Bad, nothing really - however, you are in the bar district and the entrance is nestled between some Irish bars, which aren't noted for their quiet ambience, which some other reviewers mentioned can be loud if you have a room on the street. We had a room on the fourth floor (thankfully they have a small elevator) facing the courtyard and it was quiet and we even had a view of the church steeple from the balcony. We'd definitely stay again!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We went here to attend the Xmas markets. The hotel was well situated right in the heart of the old town so getting around was very easy.
The hotel is located next to a couple of Irish bars.
The welcome was warm and the hotel looked pleasant.
However, there is the hotel and the Annexe across the road. We were in the annexe.
It was I might say a very good price including breakfast which was very good and plentiful.
However as we entered the annexe there was a distinct smell, that put us off. The decor well that was off putting too.
The first room we had was 105 above the pub next door. The noise was very loud.
We asked for a chance and got 206 again in the annexe.
This was better.
Firstly the place was spotless however dated. The room was large but 1970's not welcoming at all. However clean and quiet.
We had a twin room and the bed was comfortable.
I cannot comment on what the rooms in the actual hotel were like.

The service at the hotel was very good, they were helpful and allowed us to leave our bags after checkout.
Although the room was ok, not brill but ok.
It's convenience is a big bonus and nice breakfast, hence my three score

Room Tip: Don't have 105. Annexe not fantastic. Very central
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit the Christmas markets.

On arrival (early) a very friendly receptionist let us know the room was not ready, but spoke to the cleaners and it was cleaned and we were allowed into our room about 15 minute later.

Room was clean and comfortable, although the pillows were very soft. The bathroom was small but had the usual facilities and was adequate for our needs.

Breakfasts were included in our room rate and were good.

Hotel was in a street with several bars and restaurants and the hotel also served bar snacks.

Located within 5 minutes slow walk from the town square.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

I was meeting my cousin for a weekend in Düsseldorf.... he wanted to book the room so we ended up staying in a hostel about 20min down from here.

On my last night I wanted to stay near the bars and Christmas markets. This hotel is perfect for that.

The rooms are spectacular but the rating given is for the location and staff .... made stay exactly what I wanted

Lobby and first floor get the same wifi signal (10+ Mbs) so when I needed to get on the internet it was perfect too

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

We stay at Hotel Alt Duesseldorf since more than 15 years. We know the owner of hotel but this time we could not reach him too. There are 2 receptionists who work day and night but rude and not helping us. Also there is high music outside but we felt it inside room and we could not sleep. They could warn us about...
They dont renovate the hotel, still very old. We will never stay again!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank BURCU O
Reviewed 12 March 2016

I booked a "spacious apartment with kitchenette...located in the Old Town, approximately 300 metres away from the hotel" for me and a mate whilst we were in Dusseldorf thinking it would give us a bit more space than sharing a room & the price worked out cheaper than booking 2 rooms.

So you can imagine my surprise on checking in to find that the spacious apartment 300m from the hotel was actually a small twin room directly opposite the hotel.

However when I queried it the girl on reception was insistent that our room was actually an apartment, just one without a kitchenette. And when I enquired what the difference was between an apartment & a twin room, I was told that they were the same, other than apartments had kitchenettes.

So given we didn't have a kitchenette she was effectively saying we were in a twin room, but kept ridiculously insisting it was an apartment. Quite why she couldn't admit they'd messed up the booking & double booked the apartment & had to put us in a twin room was beyond me. They also failed to provide a hypoallergenic pillow despite one being requested at the time of booking.

Anyway after a sleepless night listening to karaoke & my mate snoring loudly, being awoken by drilling from roadworks outside was the final straw & I checked into the much nicer & more efficient Akzent City Hotel.

I don't normally leave negative reviews, but felt compelled to do so to stop anyone else falling into the same trap. So do yourself a favour & go elsewhere rather than wasting your holiday due to Alt Duesseldorf's incompetence.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends