“Late, Rude, Inedible”

coa Asian Food & Drinks
Ranked #546 of 856 Restaurants in Essen
Reviewed November 1, 2018

After booking a table for 8.45 we were direct to the bar to wait. However we weren't allowed to buydrinks here, 'Only with your meal'. We waited here for an hour while the staff kept saying 'not long now, people are slow to leave your table...'

We eventually sat down an hour later and were served our mains at 10.45PM. My beef nooodles had obviously been reheated, it was thick with soy, far too salty and the beef was dry and chewy. We witnessed the waiter being extremely aggressive with a neighbouring table when they complained about the delay and his response was that they shouldn't complain when other tables had been waiting much longer than them. He only came to speak to us after the main was delivered and when we said the wait was excessive his reply was that we had had the starter an hour earlier.

This restaurant came highly recommended but this is what happens when a place can't cope with busy times. I can find nothing good to say about this experience, a two hour wait, very unpleasant food that I wouldn't have eaten if it wasn't so late and I wasn't so hungry, combined with rude aggressive staff. Possibly the worst dining experience of my life.

Avoid at all costs.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Currently been waiting an hour and a half to get the food. Waited 30 mins just for drinks. Can’t recommend

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Immidiately when you walk in this place, you know it's going to be a good experience.
Atmosphere is great and food is delicious and reasonably priced. There are plenty of vegeterian/vegan options to choose from.
As a vegan I had the Java Tofu and the Yellow Curry. I recommend both.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

The waiters were friendly, although it took a while with bringing the order.
The food was ok, but nothing very special regarding the price niveau!
I liked the sauces they brought us in jars.. They were good though.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed February 16, 2018

Food was tasty but we waited for 40 min even if the restaurant was empty. Wаitresс been extremely unpleasant, he didn't come to explain why food is late, after we got food he did not check on us, even when he brought us a bill he didn't ask if everything was ok? Droping food on table, not opening our drinks and so on... As someone who did that job I am deeply disappointed and even mad because we spent time and money without at least average service. If u visit place, skip bold tall waitress!!

Date of visit: February 2018