All reviews the central train station breakfast room stay there again minute walk recommend this hotel concert
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

We visited this hotel for a long weekend in Germany. The hotel tried to charge me twice, even though they had already taken the money out of my bank account! We requested a cot for my 4month old, I asked on reception before going up to room if we had a cot, they said yes. Upon arrival in the room - no cot. Not a cot in the hotel, broken apparently? The hotel is also hotter than the sun!!! You could have walked round in your bikini comfortably & still been hot.
Rooms were spacious & clean but need updating.
All in all pretty poor place to stay!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

If considering staying in this hotel do not expect luxury.

Positive points
Warm
Good sized rooms

Negative points
Thread bare towels & linen
Kitchenette but no kettle, no cups and no cutlery.
WiFi doesn't work in your room even if you booked a business room.

Would I stay again, no I wouldn't

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2016

I would advice to stay clear from this hotel if you want to make a refundable reservation. I made my reservation in august for a short holiday in september with a 100% refund guarantee in case of cancellation. I cancelled a few days later since we decided on another hotel and after over two months a refund has still not been made! After several emails and calls, Palazzo hotel finally answered and promised to pay within a couple of days. That was over one month ago. Still nu refund. On my last calls the hotel just hangs up when I called. Words fail me. Absolutely disgraceful. Please be warned if you want to make a refundable reservation for this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank jensa19632016
Reviewed November 8, 2016

I've never used Trip Advisor before but felt like I had to share my experience with anyone thinking about parting with their money.

I booked this hotel with my brother and cousin in August and we stayed there last week (31st Oct-2nd Nov). We arrived in Dusseldorf train station not sure of how to get the hotel. Upon phoning the hotel to ask for directions they told us we were not in their system, after insisting (several times) that we must be, they managed to "find" our booking. The very confused receptionist then told us that they were over booked and that we had to stay in their sister hotel, 20 km away. They did not notify us by email or give us any sort of notice. As he was unable to direct us to our new hotel, we were instructed to come to the Palazzo and a taxi would be provided for us to our new one. Upon arrival, we asked for an explanation and some sort of compensation/refund. We were then told we could stay in Palazzo for 1 night (after booking 2) but would have to leave the next morning which we begrudgingly accepted. We went into our room (with 3 single beds), and only 2 of the beds had bedding and pillows. We were then met with frustration by another receptionist when simply asking for this to be resolved.

The next day we went down to reception to checkout and asked about our new hotel, we were then told that we in fact did have another room for the evening. PERFECT? Wrong. After being told our 'new room' wouldn't be ready for another few hours we left our bags and went out to enjoy our holiday. Upon returning, we were given the EXACT SAME ROOM from the night before. We then went up to our room looking forward to getting some rest after a long day to find that there was now only 2 BEDS in the room (don't forget that there are 3 of us). I again had to go down to reception to try and sort this. I was met with another receptionist this time, he was very nice and genuine but was just totally perplexed by the situation, he called through another colleague who was smoking and she did not seem to care at all. They were unable to help after calling the manager several times who's phone rang out. I was fed up and went back to my room, myself my brother and my cousin (all grown men) had to push the 2 single beds together and share them and only had 2 pillows. THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO 3 OF MY FRIENDS STAYING IN THE SAME HOTEL THAT NIGHT, NOT A ONE-OFF MISTAKE.

The next morning we were 10 minutes late checking out and the hotel had the sheer AUDACITY TO TRY AND CHARGE US FOR A LATE CHECK OUT FEE FOR 2 ROOMS (DESPITE ONLY HAVING 2 BEDS IN 1 ROOM).

On a much less serious note the wifi is non-existent.

By far the most poorly run and SHAMBOLIC hotel I have ever experienced, please do not stay here as I would not wish the terrible stress and frustration we had to endure during what was meant to be a fun and relaxing trip on anybody.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a night with my brother as we were attending the Borussia Monchengladbach v Celtic match that day.

Hotel is very reasonably priced and is in a good location a short walk to the main railway station. We arrived at the hotel hours before our check in time but they were more than happy to keep our bags for us until later in the day.

Although a bit old fashioned and dated the rooms were large and very clean with everything that we needed provided. One negative I found was even although the bed was very big the duvet was very small barely covering two people!

In the end if your looking a short cheap stay in Monchengladbach I would recommend you stay here!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends