Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
FindHotel
Hotels.comUS$55
Expedia.comUS$55
eDreamsUS$55
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2019

This is a very cheap hotel, so don't expect too much. My room was quite clean and very large. There was a private bathroom with sink, shower and toilet. In the room a double bed, table with chair and TV. Though the hotel is near the railway, I didn't hear the trains with closed windows. The breakfast is a buffet English style with many cold things and warm sausages and scrambled eggs. The hotel is in walking distance from the city centre, Alt Markt and shopping streets. Enough free car parking in the street in front of the hotel. Very good value for your money for a hotel this close to the city centre.

Management for safety please replace the fire detectors, they don't cost that much.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank frankv447
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Unbelievably hot room which never really cooled down despite windows open all night. Elevated railway line punctuated the night with screeching rumbling trains throughout the night making sleep even more difficult. No restaurant and a slightly dodgy walk passed the bus station before getting to a more civilized area with places to eat. There are lots of kebab shops on the way if you don't want to go that far.

Room tip: Don't go in the summer.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I came here as I wanted a base to stay as I explored the city and visited friends. The hotel has a nice look about it. But the bits I saw could do with a touch of modernisation. It has a 24hr reception, which for me was handy as my flight was later than expected. Although booked online my hotel booking went astray. And the staff were nice and friendly and sorted it out very quickly. My room was quite large and spacious but basic. Location is just a few minutes walk from the city centre and train station. But as I said I was only there to sleep in evenings so didn't go into the hotel much. Good place to stay if you have lots to do during the day.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2018

First of all, the location was perfect for me. The hotel is about a 6-7 minute walk from the central train station and right across the street there is a bus stop. The bus took me straight to the Sparkassenpark, where I attended a concert (it will take soccer fans to the Borussiapark too). The room was spacious and very comfortable. Continental breakfast was uncomplicated, but adequate. The Palazzo is by no means a perfect hotel (there was a constant chill and draft in the breakfast room because of staff and guests going out for a smoke in the "beer garden" outside - my only complaint about the otherwise capable staff), but it is indeed a bargain and I will not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2018

booked a room here but then decided to cancel. so this review is warning anyone thinking of staying here to be careful of the small print when booking a room at this hotel - if you use a booking site to do it.

the hotel makes use of something called a time activated payment method, charging you for the room in advance after about 7 days I think. Despite the fact the hotel states a cancellation is possible up to a certain point, doing it - obtaining a refund is extremely difficult. After nearly 5 months of back and forth emails via the booking site I used, no refund was forthcoming and in fact when I was in MG, I decided the only way to resolve it was to actually go there in person and verbally force the issue. Not a very nice experience. Then 2 weeks after that, hotel Palazzo finally refunded my money.

If you are dead cert on going to MG okay, but I would advise against booking this hotel if your plans may change, like mine did.

Date of stay: January 2018