See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 1, 2015

A very well run hotel with large, clean rooms and lovely breakfast. The owners were incredibly helpful and friendly and so is well worth while considering. There is a little noise from the road so if you want a quiet time then ask for a room to the rear.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2015

We stayed here for four nights, using the hotel as our base for exploring the local German and Dutch countryside. Impeccably clean, great room (15), excellent breakfast and very personal service by the owner/chef and his wife. We really enjoyed our stay and are sad to have to leave again. Little chocolates on the pillow a nice touch too. We shall certainly stay here again when we pass through this area.There is free, unlimited and fast wifi. Attached to the hotel is a fabulous restaurant, which is very small and serves the most delicious food imaginable.

Room Tip: Room 15 is great
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We decided to break our journey in Monchengladbach at the start of 18 days driving in Germany and Poland and we were delighted. It is a small family run Hotel and everything is very well done and the Restaurant is absolutely fabulous. I have stayed in hundreds of Hotels and many hundred restaurants and I doubt I have enjoyed a meal more. The Restaurant is not open every day and I think it does not do lunch so best check before setting out to visit. We will certainly be visiting again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David K
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A nice, friendly, clean, small hotel with really good breakfasts, comfortable beds and a lovely en-suite bathroom and parking spaces right outside the door.

I didnt eat in the restaurant so can't comment but plenty of good bars and restaruants across the road. .

Just a couple of things to be aware of: no air conditioning, no Sky TV and no lift.
That said I think the Lindenhof is excellent value for money and I would stay again.

Room Tip: No one offered to take my case - my room was on the 4th floor not so good if you have a heavy case ....
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have eaten here twice for special birthdays the latest on 19 May 12 and the Lindenhof did not fail to impress. Simply the best food we have ever eaten - yes, you pay for the experience, but we did have champagne, wines etc. If you are in the area this has to be one of the best eating experiences in this part of Germany. Every mouthful of food was a taste to behold. The staff were wonderfully attentive and could not have been more helpful. EAT HERE!

Room Tip: We did not overnight but we recommend you stay just for the food and service!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family