AC Hotel Mainz
US$88
  • Bar/Lounge
US$64
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$98
US$145
US$119
  • Room Service
US$61
All reviewsspiral staircasecharming hotelminute train ridemain train stationone nightfront desk staffold townhubyoutubeelevatornoiseairportfrankfurtluggagealtstadtgermany
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The hotel is extremely well located...... right next to the Mainz main train station. I stayed here for a week in a spacious deluxe room with a huge bathroom. I have absolutely no complaints regarding general hotel and room cleanliness. My well-intended suggestion is however that the management pays a little more attention to the area in front of the hotel especially on weekends. The area in front of the hotel was full of litter (could do with a simple waste bin in front of the entrance). Otherwise, the service was very good and the staff at reception very helpful. The buffet breakfast could do with a little more variety of food on offer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CALLIS1
Carsten M, Front Office Supervisor at AC Hotel Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Callis1,

thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us at the AC Hotel Mainz. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our historic boutique Hotel.
I was thrilled to read that you found our hotel to be in an excellent condition and that you enjoyed our large and comfortable room, but most of all that you found our team´s service to be professional and attentive.
Our staff increased their attention to have the area in front of the Hotel well cleaned. We are already looking for a suitable waste bin, which we can place in front of the Hotel.
Me and the entire team hope to may have the chance to serve you again, whenever you will be back in our beatuiful City.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Wow, where to start. First the location. It is right outside a major transportation hub including a main stop on the rail system that can take you Frankfurt and beyond. I rode the train everyday to Opel and then to and from the airport. The hotel is small but doesn't lack on amenities. And as a bonus is has a great restaurant on site. I had the breakfast buffet each day but they made me waffles or scrambled eggs or whatever I wanted. I had dinner off the menu and it was great as well. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. For the most part everyone spoke English. Rooms were very clean, quiet. There was a beautiful spiral staircase that was fun to use everyday. I absolutely will stay there again on my next trip to Russelsheim.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jbarba01
Carsten M, Front Office Supervisor at AC Hotel Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear jbarba01,

reading your review makes me blush! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing feedback and sharing it with fellow travelers. It really does show that you sincerely enjoyed your stay at the AC Hotel Mainz and that is what we work for every day.
I am very happy that our staff turned your stay into a memorable experience and made sure that you were well taken care of!
It shows again how much of a difference it makes when you feel welcome and at home!
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming your very soon again at the AC Hotel Mainz.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Stayed 4 nights at the AC Mainz for business. Very easy to get to from the Frankfurt Airport, about a 30 minute train ride. The hotel is directly across from the Mainz Central train station. There were restaurants and bars nearby and the pedestrian walking district was only minutes away. I received a room upgrade because of my Platinum status, although it was still rather small. I did not see any other rooms so can't compare an upgraded room to the standard room. The room was clean and modern. The staff was friendly and very efficient. I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank rl6005

Dear rl6005,

thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us.
The whole team puts in a lot of effort and commitment every day to assure that our guests have a memorable time at our beautiful property and your feedback motivates us to continue on this path! Due to the fact that our boutique hotel is a historical building, most of our rooms differ in shape and size. We would be very happy, if you could give us the chance to show you some other beautiful rooms on your next trip to Mainz.
Furthermore I completely agree with your comment on the hotels location. We are located next to the main train station and the pedestrian district is just minutes away, the perfect starting point to explore the beautiful City Mainz.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the AC Hotel Mainz very soon.

Greetings from Mainz,

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights and were somewhat underwhelmed after hearing the rave reviews by their reservation service and other reviews. We had a basic double which was quite tight space wise but immaculately clean. A few additions would help to make the room more user friendly. It only had two small draws so we lived out of the suitcases. The bathroom had nowhere to place toiletries other than the floor, no hooks to hang towels, no place to put shampoo or soap in the shower room. The corridors were narrow and the one elevator is tiny and thus very slow at peak times.
The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful and did confirm my above comments were frequent complaints which they were addressing . The price varied widely 186 euros on Monday ,while 101 euros on Friday. At 186 we thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maurice1939
Management response:Responded September 19, 2017

Dear maurice1939,

we are delighted to hear about your recent stay with us and really thank you for your Feedback.
We are very pleased to hear that our employees were very helpful and could make you a pleasant stay.
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the bathroom facilities.
Just a few rooms offer low storage space for the toiletries. We are already working on an extra shelf space in these rooms as well for extra hooks.
Your praised regarding the cleanliness of the room, will be definitely shared with our housekeeping Team.

Thank you once again for sharing your impression here on tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the AC Hotel Mainz.

Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2017

My husband and I stayed at the AC Hotel Mainz for 3 nights in August. The staff was exceptional! Upon arrival we were created with a warm welcome. Our room faced the train station, had windows that would actually open, and a great Nespresso type machine. The very modern bathroom was amazing. We really enjoyed eating dinner in the dining room. We were served each evening by Sylvie and she ensured our dinners were special. They offer a 2 or 3 course "Surprise" dinner which I tried all 3 nights and was never disappointed. Between Sylvie and the chef, Christian, I felt like they were catering to my taste. I highly recommend trying the surpise dinner. If you are ever in Mainz, you will be quite pleased by staying at this hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasSpeakeasy
Management response:Responded September 19, 2017

Dear TexasSpeakeasy,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing the AC Hotel Mainz and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

I was thrilled to read that you found our hotel to be in an excellent condition and that you enjoyed our large and comfortable rooms, but most of all that you found our staff, especially Sylvie and Christian professional and attentive. At the AC Hotel Mainz, we are all about personalized and we are truly committed to delivering a top notch hospitality experience. It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

The team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us.

Greetings from Mainz,