All reviews indoor pool minute walk wellness facility independent hotel residential area breakfast was amazing steam room overlooking trier three nights large bed small hotel moselle valley excellent hotel family run hotel breakfast buffet oldest town interesting city
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We used this hotel for an overnight stay on our way to Oberjoch in the Allgau. What a beautiful place, great room and superb service. We have a 6 year old son and the Florence room was great. There is a special space with a single bed and a nice patio to sit outside. We had dinner in their restaurant which was high standard. Breakfast too, so much choice. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We visited Tried many years ago. It is a charming city and a nice part of Germany

Room Tip: Florence room is perfect when you need an extra bed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Charming hotel just outside the city centre with a wonderful terrace overlooking Trier. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is just amazing. I also loved the pool and sauna facilities. I will definitely come back next time!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2017

A second stay, 5 years later; the hotel continues to be just super ... rooms, breakfast, dinner ... fabulous kind staff. Just marvelous, within walking distance to the archeological museum and the Basilica of Constantine.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Stayed here in early July with my wife and daughter for three nights. I cannot think of any aspect of Hotel Villa Hügel that wasn't first class. The property was spotlessly clean, the staff were tremendously helpful, and the room was spectacular.

We had a room called "Florenz" which was on their lower level. It had a double bed for my wife and I, and a single bed tucked away in an alcove for my daughter. There was also a very private outdoor terrace with a table and chairs and a chaise lounge. It did not have a view of Trier like some of the other rooms, but it was shady and very peaceful. The bathroom was huge, modern, and clean, with a tub, double sink, and a separate walk in shower. There was a nice small basket of goodies also waiting for us in the room (a few cookies, fruit, and some candies - nice touch!).

It's an easy ten minute walk into the pedestrian area of Trier - slightly uphill on the way back, but nothing overly strenuous. We never drove to the shopping area - the walk was very easy. There was also a pub and another restaurant just a short two minute walk away in the neighborhood. The restaurant - Altes Brauhaus - was actually pretty good.

There was some construction going on while we were there, but I found it to be pretty unobtrusive. It certainly didn't disrupt our stay in any way.

We also used the indoor pool and sauna/steam room during our stay. Again, very clean, modern, and well taken care of. And they give you ample towels in the room and robes for when you use the facilities.

We had dinner one night in the hotel restaurant which was very good, and breakfast each morning was very filling with a wide variety of choices. They also will cook eggs for you in whatever style you want, including omelettes.

I'm pretty picky about hotels (especially about cleanliness), and I can honestly say I can't find even the smallest thing to nitpick about when it comes to Hotel Villa Hügel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingYinzer
Reviewed July 6, 2017

As the name says it is a Villa, but it is abourt to grow out of its old walls. Several moderne rooms are added, some not ready. An indoor pool has been there for some years. This summer they open an outdoor pool on the roof.
Very rich breakfast in summer also at the terasse. In the evening they have a dinner service, prices a bit over the average,

Room Tip: I summer ask for e terasse, in winter maybe in the old Villa rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business