All reviewsindoor poolminute walkwellness facilityindependent hotelresidential areabreakfast was amazingsteam roomthree nightsoverlooking trierlarge bedsmall hotelmoselle valleyexcellent hotelfamily run hotelbreakfast buffetoldest towninteresting city
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

I love this beautiful place, every time I go there I spend an amazing time ! The food is perfect, the service is perfect the ambiance is perfect !! My special place to have a short holiday in trier :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

The Villa Huegel is a beautiful, comfortable, friendly small hotel located in a residential area of Trier, about a mile from the main pedestrian area of the city. Our room was large and tastefully decorated with a private terrace. It also had the best air conditioning system in Germany. There is an indoor and outdoor pool with plentiful outdoor patio space with an impressive view of the city along the riverside.

The food was excellent - we had the breakfast buffet in the mornings and ended up having dinner there 2 out of 3 nights. Service was always helpful, friendly and efficient.

We’ve been traveling extensively throughout Germany for the past two years, and the Villa Huegel is the best hotel we’ve experienced in the country. It also offers excellent value given the top quality of the hotel, its food, and its impressive staff. It’s worth visiting Trier just to stay at this hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GringainBerlin
Reviewed March 22, 2018

This old private villa has been turned into a very charming hotel (hyggelig in Norwegian/Danish) with new modern large rooms with private terrasse. Trier is the oldest town in Germany a former Roman outpost procteing the empire from germanic tribes. The build a large roman bath, and you can see rest og it. In the hotell you also see some treaces of the same, a large Finish sauna, three more rooms with steam turkish bath and relaxing beds. Two pools, one on the roof open when I was there i Mars and one inside. Recommended for a romatic holiday.

Room Tip: One of the new ones with terassse
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Kas2356
Reviewed March 2, 2018

I can’t find anything bad to say about this hotel. The two nights I spent here were marvelous. The room was fit for a king, breakfast heavenly and the staff super friendly. This is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Siim J
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

The hospitality in this hotel was above and beyond what I could have expected. The bed was so comfortable! I loved the breakfast! The view was great! I forgot my swimsuit and they even have some there for cheap! I’ll definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple