US$117
US$109
US$90
US$80
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

US$109
US$182
US$150
US$140
Hotels.com
ante porta - Das Stadthotel(Trier)(Great Value!)
US$113
Berghotel Kockelsberg(Trier)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$72
Stadtwald Hotel(Trier)(Great Value!)
All reviewsquiet streettrain stationporta nigrafourth floorcentrally located hotelother hotelsfriendly hoteltown centreplace to stayold townmoselgermanhauptbahnhof
Reviewed March 12, 2018

I slept better here than I have almost anywhere. The gentleman working on nights and mornings I was there is a proper innkeeper. He remembered me by name and addressed me by it the next day(s). Everything there was clean and modern-looking. There were some eclectic interesting, good books on the shelf in the hallway for guests to read, including a lovely children's book of fairy-tales, like ones I would have had as a child, but in written in German.

There was parking on-site in a small garage, but it is a very tight fit. My Opel Astra was squeezed going into it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Casa Chiara is in a quiet street in Trier, not far from the Porta Nigra, the excellent tourist information centre and the old town. It is an easy bag wheel from the Hauptbahnhof to the hotel and a simple walk to the wharves on the Moselle.

We had a well set up and impeccable room on the fourth floor; just the place to relax after a day’s touring concluding with a great meal at the authentic Zum Domstein restaurant in the Hauptmarkt. This is a friendly hotel with faultless breakfasts and care for guests.

Trier is a marvellous place and the Casa Chiara added to our experience. I would love to be in Trier at Christmas.

Room Tip: Lift only goes to third floor, but bags portered up.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I have stayed at this hotel many times on my walk along the Mosel and it is always my first choice. The reception is good with English spoken. I request a particular room and it is always provided. It is fairly basic, but very good for the price and for access to Trier. It is 15 minutes walk from the train station and on a local bus route. There is hotel car parking avaiaable. The breakast buffet is good and plentiful. I look forward to my next visit. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Annex or one on a high floor - there is a lift.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TheCommanderLeyland
Reviewed June 9, 2017

First, I enthusiastically recommend the HOTEL PAULIN (on Paulinstrasse on block away) over Casa Chiara. Why? We arrived in Trier after a train journey, printed "reservation" in hand, and were told that there was no room reserved for us. The proprietor looked up my email thread and blamed me for not, apparently, specifically requesting a confirmation number even though I had accepted their offer and asked for details on how to pay. I was told we could pay upon arrival. This was upsetting, obviously, but the grim proprietor offered NO help such as giving another hotel a call for us. We went to the Porta Nigra tourist info and were kindly assisted in finding a beautiful room with gracious, good-humored proprietors. Saved! I can't recommend the Paulin enough! Avoid the Chiara and its grim lobby and proprietor! See my review for the Paulin.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank msjcurry
Reviewed August 30, 2016

This is the tenth year I have stayed at this hotel on my walking tour along the Mosel. It is very central to the town and has all the facilities you need for an overnight stay. The breakfast is more than adequate and I have never had any reason to complain. I will return next year. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the hotel and on a high floor to avoid any noise.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo