See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Our first room was a street front room and the noise in the morning woke us up early. We talked with the Administrator and she cheerfully moved us to another room where we slept very well the rest of the week. The Breakfast is excellent, and the coffee superb.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT on the street side.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2016

I arrived close to midnight due to aircraft delayed 2 hrs and 2 hour traffic jam coming from the airport. The hotel was in darkness but a sign was in the reception window saying to telephone if reception closed. I did and no one answered. I tried several times and finally a man answered and starting screaming at me because I had woken him up. He kept shouting and wasn't interested that it was late, I had had a horrible journey, it was pouring with rain and I was very tired having been travelling for 18 hours. He just kept shouting. Finally he hung up and I had no idea whether he would let me in or not. After about 10-15 minutes I decided to go back to my car and then the man appeared. Clearly he was embarrassed about how he had spoken to me as by this time I was crying due to all the stress of the situation. Eventually he showed me to my room. It was OK but basic. Nothing to complain about but not worth the money by any stretch of the imagination.
Breakfast was rigidly between 07:00 and 08:30. I went down at 08:05 to find a disgraceful breakfast room - no clean tables, no crockery (plates or mugs), there was no juice (dispenser was empty), no milk in the coffee machine (empty). There were no staff, just the same horrible man sitting on reception chatting to a woman. I asked for a plate and he carried on chatting. 10 minutes later I went to search the cupboards to find my own plate. There was only one bread roll left, and 'hard boiled' egg. The egg was almost completely raw.
I could not wait to leave this hotel and went for breakfast aft6er I left.

Room Tip: Sleep somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicola S
Reviewed August 7, 2015

Nice cadre, a bit dated but still attractive.
Windows had no blinkers, so as of 6 in the morning was not possible to sleep.
No wifi.
We did not take breakfast, we found it a bit expensive. You can have a proper breakfast in a nice cafeteria in Dresden

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2014

this place is not close to town, but it was a nice place for us. Note: Take tram into the city by walking down to the main street and buy tram ticket at booth on opposite side of the street. Staff does not speak much English, but friendly enough. Pay the extra 6 or 7 euro for breakfast it was worth it for us. The breakfast room is cutely decorated and very amusing. Conclusion: If you dont mind staying out of town and having a place that is quaint and close to local stores - stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We found this place on Trip Advisor and stayed two days. Contrary to previous reviews, we didn’t find our reception here to be particularly friendly. This may have been due in part to the fact that I don’t speak Russian (or Czeck), but it felt like we have your money already so we don’t really care about you.
They charge an extra 6 Euros each for breakfast, but they rather deceptively don’t tell you that when you check in. I found out on the second day and didn’t bother with breakfast after that as it’s no bargain.
Internet was intermittent, as was the hot water.
There is no reception desk and I had to go looking for someone in order to check in and again to check out. The other downside here is the location. Even though we were driving, it’s quite a way into town, and there is nothing of interest or convenience nearby. They have a car park for four cars which fills up during the day, but there is also a public park over the road which appears to be safe, although I wouldn’t leave the GPS overnight.
Having said all that, the room itself was OK, and we couldn’t find anything else that compares with this hotel in price for what you get. If we were to return to Dresden I would do more research before staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple