All reviews teddy bear cigar lounge relais chateaux carousel restaurant welcome drink fresh fruit in the room half bath minute walk old town relaxing stay stuffed bear junior suite bath amenities on arrival room was large every evening augustus bridge
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a 16 day road trip around Germany.Very attentive staff. Out of the 7 hotels we stayed at this was by far the best. From the moment we arrived they made us feel like special guests, and the service was impeccable. The room was superb, and the location ideal for exploring the city. The breakfast room had the air of a high class restaurant and the breakfast itself was faultless. One of the best hotels I have stayed at. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bülow P, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Bulow Palais, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear George R,
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you during your trip through Germany.
We thank you for your detailed review and hope to see you again one day in Dresden in our Bülow Palais.
Best regards
Your Bülow team

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our trip to Dresden. This hotel is truly 5 star, at what I believe is a 3 to 4 star price. Great service, great rooms, and a wonderful Bistro restaurant. We were unable to get get reservations at the Michelin starred Carousel Restaurant, but the Michelin listed bistro was amazing.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Craig C,
Thank you very much for your visit and for your detailed evaluation.
It would be nice to welcome you again one day.
Best regards
Your Bülow team

Reviewed September 19, 2018

My wife and I spent two nights at the Bulow Palais last week. It was an exceptional experience in every way. The room was huge (by European standards), spotless and incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed and there was a completely separate room for the toilet. The breakfast was a combination of a delicious buffet and eggs made to order. The staff were all incredibly helpful and switched seamlessly back and forth between English and German. The location was close to the new station and an easy walk into the old part of Dresden. By making a non-refundable, advanced booking, I secured a rate that was significantly less than I've paid for nondescript, chain hotels in North American cities. The ONLY downside of our experience is that I had forgotten that my rate (which I booked months in advance) did not include breakfast and that didn't come up at check-in, when we were shown where breakfast was served by the young woman who took us to our room or when we arrived for breakfast the first morning. In fact, there was no menu or indication of price at all. Our first indication of the charge for breakfast was when we checked out and the bill included a charge for 26 euros each for each breakfast. I should have confirmed that breakfast was included when we checked in but we'd stayed at three different hotels over the preceding 10 days and they all included it so I made an assumption I shouldn't have. It would have been helpful to have the terms confirmed at check in but even with the charge for breakfast, it was an exceptional value and we will definitely return the next time we're in Dresden.

1  Thank Canucklleheads
Bülow P, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Bulow Palais, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review - such feeback is very important to us! Breakfast is usually not included in our room prices, it's always the extra amount of 26 euros per person per day. But we apologize that our receptionist didn't tell you at the check-in. Anyway, we are happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay in our Relais & Châteaux Hotel Bülow Palais.
We're looking forward to see you again sometime!
Best regards, your Bülow team

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights. The rooms are well appointed with extremely comfortable beds and good lighting. In addition they have fresh fruit in the room every day which was a nice touch. I love the location as it is in a quiet area, but near good restaurants and shops and only a short walk to all the sites. I actually think it’s a better place to stay than right in the old town, especially if you’re there for more than a day or 2.

The breakfast buffet in the hotel is ridiculously expensive, and it’s the only option they offer, but just a block away is a fabulous restaurant for breakfast called the Schwarzmarkt Cafe. In the same building is also a large market where you can buy fruit and water and anything else you might need.

While the hotel looks five stars, they miss on small details that I would expect. Twice, our room was not cleaned by 4 PM, I went to check out at midnight and was told by the gentleman at the desk that he was not trained to do check outs, and the towels in the room where somewhat threadbare. All that being said, people were very helpful, and you cannot beat it for the price! I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank your for your honest rating of our Relais & Châteaux Hotel Bülow Palais. We are pleased that you chose our hotel for your stay in Dresden. We are sorry to hear that you not agreed with our breakfast price, but we have to set this price as the products are regional, which means also in high quality and very fresh. We apologize that your room was not cleaned by 4 pm twice - we will discuss this within the Bülow team. Anyway, we hope to see you again and show you our improvements by then!
Best regards from Dresden

Reviewed September 16, 2018

It starts already with the receptionist : very hospitable, friendly and a personal service. He gave us a feeling of personal welcome. We were also given a very glas of very nice Trenchcoat cremant which could not been distinguished from real Champagne. We also got an upgrade and therefore received a very nice room.
Marvelous bathroom with separate toilet. Every day fresh fruit which was very much appreciated. Also a bottle of water upon arrival. We missed coffee facilities but it seems this is not commun in this region because other hotels on our travel brother had this. It's probably a cultural German habit.
The breakfast buffet was very good, very fine and had products of very good quality.
Upon our departure after 5 days we got two bottles of water for our trip, a very nice gesture. In short, we had a splendid holiday in Dresden thanks to the Bulow palace. This hotel gave us an excellent price- quality ratio and a very personal service. We highly recommend it.

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you chose our Relais & Châteaux Hotel Bülow Palais for your stay to Dresden. We are happy that you had a nice time and enjoyed our service. Coffee facilities we actually have, but in higher room categories (suites) only.
Maybe for your next visit in our hotel you can try to get a room with a small coffee machine.
Best regards, your Bülow team