A large hotel with good rooms (ours had a WC separate from the bathroom), and well equipped except there was nothing to put in the bath (only shower gel provided). And the beds were the usual uncomfortable firm type offered in so many hotels. We were lucky enough to be able to take breakfast outside in the huge courtyard at the back of the hotel as it was sunny. The food on offer was full of variety and well presented. Hot food was carefully monitored by staff in order to ensure it kept hot for guests, and the waiting staff were attentive and efficient. It's a large hotel, very conveniently located, with helpful Reception staff. Nothing spectacularly memorable about this hotel however, apart from the sentry box at the front occupied sometimes by a porter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 18th century by the Saxon king, August the Strong, as a pledge of love to his mistress and faithfully restored in 1995, Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski is a beautiful combination of historic glory and modern design. The hotel offers 182 elegant rooms, 32 luxurious suites and culinary excellence from five different venues including: the gourmet restaurant Intermezzo, the Palais Bistro, the Restaurant Lesage in the Transparent Factory of Volkswagen, Cafe Vestibul and the Karl May Bar. In addition, there are six elegant conference rooms on the Bel Etage and a divisible meeting and ball room. The hotel has also its own spa lounge with a pool and offers five-star catering services in and around Dresden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Hotel
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden