Bulow Palais(Dresden)
  • Breakfast included
US$87
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Dresden City(Dresden)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$68
US$91
US$132
US$94
  • Restaurant
NH Dresden Neustadt(Dresden)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Restaurant
Ibis Dresden Bastei(Dresden)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
US$105
US$95
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Dresden(Dresden)(Great Value!)
US$92
All reviewstrain stationchose ibisstandard ibis hotelfree wifiwalking streetmain stationprager strasseparking placeroom ratebreakfast roomlovely citylarge hotelan easy walkbreakfast choicespublic transportationshort walkperfect location
Reviewed July 2, 2017

standard ibis hotel it does the job
the only minor problem was the toilet it needs to be turned 90 degrees as it could be a bit tight for a large or tall person apart from that its an ibis and i love them

Room Tip: high floor for a better view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Every time I come back to Dresden, I will definitely stay in this same hotel because of its location, friendly staff, and very good room rate. They also provides very reliable WiFi services (foc if you are a ibis business card holder). If you compare with the hotel just across the street (Pullman), which has very good room, Ibis wins in terms of service attitude from the staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed June 17, 2017

We only stayed one night so chose a more basic hotel than we normally would but found this has all we needed. The room was a decent size, the bathroom excellent. Breakfast was good with a decent range of options which would cater well for most.Our only gripe is the quality of the wifi which was marginal in the room but worked better downstairs in the lobby. Hotel Reception is is the adjacent IBIS hotel. The hotel is just over 5 minutes walk from the the train station, and downtown Dresden only 15 minutes walk away. We were originally not going to stop over but were really glad we did. Dresden is a lovely city with a lot to offer. The river cruise is well worth while.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

I found the price we paid (113 for a double room with breakfast) to be a bit pricey for Ibis, but all in all it was a good stay. The room was basic but clean, shower had a hair dryer, the bed was comfy. The hotel is a walking distance to the center, which is a big plus and the breakfast was diverse and good. Fresh fruits and vegetables, different kinds of bread, cheese, granola, yogurts and so on. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2017

The ibis Dresden is a strange hotel. In fact, until recently, there were 3 ibis in the same street, called Königstein, Bastei and Lilienstein (this last one, as I was told, is not working anymore). All of them are 3 similar huge adjacent block buildings, looking the same from outside, with 10 floors. I stayed at ibis Königstein.
To start with, the hotel address is Prager Strasse, a street that you cannot reach by car. Unless you ask the hotel for the parking place address in advance (Reitbahn Strasse), you will be some minutes in trouble. In my case, I had to try to find a place just to stop the car, and then go to the reception where I was given the parking place address. I went back to the car, and it took me another 10 minutes drive to finally reach the parking place, which is behind the hotel…
By the way, this is very important: if you come by car, this hotel does not have its own parking or garage! You have to find a place in the public car park, where you have to use coins daily as from 08:00 AM. Even on Sundays! Not very convenient and not very pleasant.
Since the hotels are adjacent, the reception is shared at the ibis Bastei. This means if you are staying at the Königstein hotel as I was, you need to walk about 50m to the hotel ibis Bastei, where you can check-in. The Königstein also has a reception, but is not functioning on a permanent basis.
The reception personnel was quite cold. I never saw a smile in their faces. This does not correspond to the Accor Group standard I am used to. In fact, I have the Gold Card, and I have stayed in many different Accor hotels, and normally the welcome is warm and friendly. I think the Accor Group must quickly review what is going wrong with the persons working in this hotel.
Finally, I had some “bad luck” about my timing. The Dixieland Jazz Festival was going on, and on my first night, a Jazz Party was taking place in the bar. It was extremely loud. Although I was staying on the 5th floor, the music noise was too loud and I could not sleep. I was not in Dresden for the Jazz Festival, but I guess ibis assumed all their guests were.
At 01:00 AM, I called the reception and asked how long the jazz Party was going to last. The answer was: no idea. I said I could not sleep, and the answer was again they had no idea how long it would last. Finally, at 02:00 AM, I called the reception again, and told them I would call the police immediately, if they did not stop the noise. They finally did. I am sorry if everybody was staying in this hotel for the Jazz Festival, but I was not! It should be possible to keep the party with a noise level that would not affect guests five floors above. The next morning, I asked in the reception if they had some small pharmacy (some hotels do), since I needed a pain-killer, but they did not have any.
In the mornings, the breakfast room was always completely crowded with dozens and dozens of guests, and it was difficult to find a place to sit and eat, or simply to help yourself from food. In one occasion, I stood up to get some more coffee, and when I returned to the table, someone had moved my tray aside and took the chair where I was sitting… if you were not there, it will be hard to imagine how it was.
I understand this Jazz Festival is not representative of what happens during the whole year, of course, and that the hotel will not always be crowded as it was. But nevertheless, if I return to Dresden, I will stay in another place, due to the other situations mentioned above in this review.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo