See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2016

The room we had was spacious.

The bathroom was not as clean as hoped, as I found some hair on the floor. As I unrolled the Hand towel I was shocked that they even have a rag like this in circulation. I was utterly disgusted! That Hand towel had holes, it was ripped so that peaces were coming off it and there were make-up stains on it. If you offer something like this to guests then you might as well close the Hotel. Someone rolled this towel and must have seen it and was still thinking this is good enough for a paying guest!? Unfortunate location which is down the road of a Fire brigade/emergency service station. Impossible to sleep with open windows as they will pass by with their sirens at some point.
I only stayed there as I was born in that city and this is close to my parents, but NEVER AGAIN!

Room tip: Choose a different Hotel.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2016

First of all look at the price structure. The charges for the rooms are very reasonable. The rooms themselves are spacious and clean and the one I had - room 104 - had an excellent en suite and a walk in cupboard containing the wardrobe. What I was looking for was a hotel where I could park outside for free, and get on public transport fairly close by in to the centre of Dresden. This fits the bill.

There was a small flat screen TV which I would have preferred to have been mounted to the wall, and to use my laptop with a power lead I had to unplug either the TV or the standard lamp with the cord going across the floor. So I would recommend the hotel fit a power point at the desk. But these are minor issues.

I will stay here again and would be happy to recommend this to any other travelers that have reasonable expectations. If you are picky, then I suggest go elsewhere and pay 2 to 3 times the price.

Room tip: I was happy with my room 104, but looking at the layout, all I would advise is try and not get a room close to the lift
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2016

If you really have the courage to book this hotel, then don't believe the 3* and beware. First of all, beware of the late check-in time – 4pm (and don’t believe in the booking.com arrangement of the 2-hour earlier checkin). Secondly, explicitly request heating in your room to be switched on well ahead of your arrival – we got cold rooms, with heatings switched off. Switching them on only showed that they are full of air and only about 1/5-1/4 of them really worked. The older receptionist at the hotel spoke no English and showed us the attitude of the good old socialist times – told us that she will call no service for the heatings and that it will be only fixed the next day and also no electric heaters are available, neither calling somebody to rent or lend one is possible. Thirdly, the sinks were nearly stuck and took about 3-5 minutes to empty – and again no service was available for this all four days of our stay. Fourthly, mentioning trivial issues like nearly non-working shower, stained carpets, dirty non-functioning kitchenette, missing TV cables, TVs apparently from the early 90s, etc. would take a long list. On the positive side, other staff than the old GDR witch were nice, the rooms were spacious and parking was available.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vaclean
Reviewed June 17, 2015

This was a last minute booking, and it was a good choice. I was on a short visit to Dresden and had a car rental. The hotel is not close to the historic center but having a car that was not a problem. But I read that there is public transport to more central areas. The rooms were very clean and the hotel had a good atmosphere. Girl in the reception was very helpful. They say they have car parking, but the space is limited. I had to park on the street, but was not an issue, since I easily found where to do it. It also looked like a very safe neighborhood. The only think that I was disappointed with was the breakfast. It was good, with fresh products, but overpriced. I would return.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2014

Dreadful visit from start to finish.

Despite calling and confirming our booking with the receptionist at 10.30am on the morning of our arrival (we were arriving late at 8pm and wanted to let them know this) when we got there we were told that there was no room booked for us.

I showed the receptionist the e-mail confirmation we had from the booking website we had used and they blamed them saying they had sold us a room that wasn't free. He couldn't answer why they didn't tell us that morning why they hadn't mentioned this.

We were offered a single room between the two of us which, being so late, we took as to have a roof over our heads. The receptionist took the money then showed us to a twin room that was obviously someone else's. He asked us to wait in the room whilst he double checked then was gone for over an hour leaving us wondering what was happening.

After coming back by about 10.30pm he finally showed us to a single room which was filthy, unmade and stank of cigarette smoke.

After the worst night of no sleep ever we made a quick getaway at 7.30am. I can't even find the details to put in a complaint.

Truly dreadful service. Dirty hotel. Wouldn't kennel a dog here.

Date of stay: October 2014