“you eat because you are hungry”
Review of Romanushof

Romanushof
Ranked #52 of 908 Restaurants in Leipzig
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Middle of town, nice town, one needs to eat at dinner time. Romanushof looked like a local thing. Let's be fair, it was just the first thing I looked at as we were all hungry. We managed to get a decent table in a crowded, noisy atmosphere. Got served at the speed of light, not sure why. Ate local specialties, at least that's what we got suggested. I could not hear any wows, mmm's or yummies at the table. It was certainly not bad, the presentation of the plates professional, decent. So we left unimpressed, managed our expectations, we had our carbs but not our joy....

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We visited this restaurant in early March shortly after a very large party had arrived.The waiter said we may be waiting 3/4 hour but we received our food very quickly, and what a meal it was, absolutely wonderful and plenty of it. The best restaurant we visited in Leipzig

Reviewed February 6, 2018

We were a couple days visiting Leipzig and we found this local which is pretty nice and really cool to be at. His Arqutecture its very attractive and impressive.
The waitress who served us was correct and friendly, we ate "Sauerbraten" and "Bach filet" and I must say that both of them were good but the fish was so nice, I highly recommend it for you.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

The site where the restaurant is located is very nice and interesting. The restaurant is inside very attractive from an architectural viewpoint, particularly the semicircular diaphragmatic arches sustained by thick square pillars supporting the edifice structure. The building containing the restaurant concerned was built at the beginning of the 18th century, between 1701 and 1704. At the end of that century there was already a popular coffee house in the stated building. Apart from the architectural features themselves, the restaurant is well decorated with some peculiar elements, among which the lamps and the wrought iron interior windows are outstanding. The place is a bit too noisy partly because of the music which isn’t either very good.
Though the food in that restaurant isn’t bad it can’t either be deemed healthy or very good. Nearly all meat dishes on the menu are served with gravy which doesn’t seem to have been made with good quality ingredients. In the course I ordered “Sauerbraten” there was in fact more gravy than meat, which shouldn’t be so.
The waiter who attended me wasn’t unfortunately very kind. At the end he even behaved in a rude way towards me when he told me, not very politely, that they didn’t accept credit cards payments when the bill amount is lower than 30 euros. The only reference to him appearing on the bill is “Kell. 3”. His behaviour was rather disappointing; he even didn't tell me good bye when I left. Therefore if one ever pops down that restaurant it’s advisable to eschew the waiter in question.
In any case, on the basis of my experience I shouldn’t think that the restaurant concerned is a recommendable place to eat.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner in this restaurant, in the city center. We booked in advance but, when the waiter saw us entering, he said in German that was impossible to eat cause they were busy; he needed two reply to understand that we BOOKED and to lead us to a table. Except for THAT waiter, staff is very nice and kind; the menu is large enough to find the food you would like to taste. I tried a spinach soup (very good) and some meat with an apple-horseradish sauce, that was just good. We tried a bottle of German red wine, quite nice. In three, we spent about 85€,

Been to Romanushof? Share your experiences!