See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

I was stuck in snow and needed a room, this was the first place I found and boy am I glad. The room was reasonable (I could have gotten it cheaper via booking.com), it was clean and it had bathtub!

I was hungry and grateful they had a restaurant in house. It was incredible. Menu's available in English, the food was tasty, my steak was perfect and the port wine was good.

Highly recommended in an emergency or a planned stop.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for an extended business trip and was very pleasantly surprised. I normally stay in The Holiday Inn but as it was fully booked chose the Achat.

I didn't know anything about the hotel and was pleased to have a quick check in by friendly staff. Following the comment/tip, I asked for a room at the rear, this was no problem. The wifi log in was simple and is unlimited regarding number of devices, a welcome change where we all have more smart devices. I was really impressed with the wifi speed as I was able to watch streaming movies without issue. There's not been any noticeable reduction in speed throughout my visit.

Breakfast is also very good with the normal range of cereals and standard Continental breakfast items. There's also scrambled egg and sausage and other hot items if you fancy a cooked breakfast.

The one drawback, and this is quite significant for a business traveller, the hotel does not have its own restaurant. They have an 'arrangement' with a partner however it's not possible to charge meals to your room. Couple this with the paucity of acceptance of Amex in Europe and you can see the problem. Saying that, the restaurant is very good with a nice selection of German food.

Next to the hotel is a small park that is ideal for some gentle exercise, or even a jog if you're that way inclined. There's also a tram that runs from outside the hotel to the city centre.

One big surprise and quite a negative from the health and safety point of view, the bedroom I was was not fitted with a smoke alarm! Although the room was no smoking, this did give me some concern.

Overall a very pleasant stay and I would stay here again without any problem

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2015

This is my second stay in ACHAT Hotel. I was there for four nights in the beginning of June.

The first stay in 2013, I was given a slightly noisy room facing the main street. I gave my feedback and this time, they put me to a beautiful, quiet room facing the rear yard. There is a small balcony which doubles as a window. In the day, you can see a nice park and in the night, you can have a comfy sleep, almost noise free. In the morning, you can take a quick stroll in the park and by the river side before you get ready for work... the restaurant serves superb food and the atmosphere is relaxing.

The room is very spacious and the bed, pillows are very comfortable. It comes with free WIFI. There is a bathtub, and I enjoyed hot bath every night after a hard working day. This is fabulous :)

The only small minus for the hotel is, there is not any free beverages nor kettle in the room. There is also not a mini fridge nor mini bar. LIDL is just down the road, but I wish I could have a water boiler and cup to make myself a nice warm cup of tea or warm drink before going to bed... so, this is the small issue for me.

Overall, value for money!

Room tip: Quiet rooms are at the back. Ask for park view.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2014

We were meeting some holiday friends who lived in Zwickau. The options for hotels are limited. Chat was close by our appointment and looked okay and fresh. The hotel was a little old fashioned but ok. the bar was closed very early and the elevator looked old and dangerous.

Room tip: not a the street side, its noisy
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLVoortman
Reviewed November 15, 2014

The room is very spacious, big enough to even have a party. But it is very simple-decorated, beddings are nothing special either.

Wifi signal is very poor, so don't recommend it if you need to work in your hotel room.

Date of stay: November 2014