“An historic place you must see! ”

Schiffergesellschaft
Ranked #2 of 393 Restaurants in Lubeck
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

If you have the time and you are fond of fresh nice northern food, you must eat here. You can go there for a lunch, diner or just a drink. The front hall remains out of 1600 . The captains of the ships ate here and did got new carriage for the next sailtrip.
The food is good and fresh. The wine is terrific and the beer is a fresh good german beer!
Guten Appetit!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Most of guidebooks recommned to visit this famous, historical building, and in my opinion, I agree. Food is OK, there is no serious complaint for service, but interior and atmosphere, its very unique and made me feel the history. This is quite an experience. I ordered egg with north-see small shrimp, my wife marinated north-see fishes. I had a glass of Duckstein dark beer. All aer enjoyable. There are many tourist, of course, but I could see long time customers as well.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

The building represents an important part of the city. The atmosphere enough us pretty dark. Decorations of ships and other maritime themes make this setting unique.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

As a former seaman I always enjoy walking into one of our bars or restaurants.
I found one in Lubeck.
An authentic decorated seamen's pit crowded with smiling faces.
For a start:-Fresh Soup
Holsteiner fresh soup of beef brisket and root vegetables-very good
Tagliatelle
Tagliatelle with grilled vegetables, pine nuts, grana padano and basil-very good.
Lamb shank
Braised lamb shank, rosemary sauce, beans and spaetzle-Extra good.
...and a superb glass of beer.
Enjoy

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is well decorated with lots of miniature ships. A cozy place and very nice service. One of the dish was too salty for us, and we asked for some bread. The waitress was really kind a prepared for us immediately. The lamb shank was perfect, love it!