“Not our place”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

They offered us first a place where we had to sit shoulder to shoulder with other quests. No thanks. We ended in a room with only «old» people, birthdays?, not good atmosphere. The waiters tried the best, but were intens in our opinion. I obviously didnt know what i ordered, cold meet in gel, no taste at all. It was a speciality. Sorry, not our place.

1  Thank Laila_R_F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

If you have the time and you are fond of fresh nice northern food, you must eat here. You can go there for a lunch, diner or just a drink. The front hall remains out of 1600 . The captains of the ships ate here and did got new carriage for the next sailtrip.
The food is good and fresh. The wine is terrific and the beer is a fresh good german beer!
Guten Appetit!

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Most of guidebooks recommned to visit this famous, historical building, and in my opinion, I agree. Food is OK, there is no serious complaint for service, but interior and atmosphere, its very unique and made me feel the history. This is quite an experience. I ordered egg with north-see small shrimp, my wife marinated north-see fishes. I had a glass of Duckstein dark beer. All aer enjoyable. There are many tourist, of course, but I could see long time customers as well.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

The building represents an important part of the city. The atmosphere enough us pretty dark. Decorations of ships and other maritime themes make this setting unique.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

As a former seaman I always enjoy walking into one of our bars or restaurants.
I found one in Lubeck.
An authentic decorated seamen's pit crowded with smiling faces.
For a start:-Fresh Soup
Holsteiner fresh soup of beef brisket and root vegetables-very good
Tagliatelle
Tagliatelle with grilled vegetables, pine nuts, grana padano and basil-very good.
Lamb shank
Braised lamb shank, rosemary sauce, beans and spaetzle-Extra good.
...and a superb glass of beer.
Enjoy