We went to Maritim In Travemünde for the first time as a couple. The Hotel is well situated close to the Promenade. We had a room with view of the promenade, beach and sea. It also had a balcony with two chairs. The room we had was average size and the furniture is outdated. However, one had all amenities one would expect in a Maritim Hotel in this category.
The area is quiet although they are currently building high rise buildings beside the Maritim Strand Hotel.
There are two Restaurants, a Pub (Bierstube) and a full cocktail bar.
The personnel were professional and efficient from bierstube (Pub), Reception, bar and breakfast room.
The breakfast room overlooks the sea. The breakfast had both international and German cuisine. The breakfast was excellent. If one wanted sparkling wine was also available.
There is a large parking underground garage at a decent rate.
This hotel has a large indoor heated pool with daylight coming through the wall to wall windows out
Of glass. There are two saunas and a Spa.
We spent two nights at the Hotel and can only recommended. My only con is that the Hotel's rooms and bathrooms need to be renovated and decorated with modern furniture to make it an outstanding hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its prime oceanfront location right at the mouth of the Trave, this fabulous hotel affords guests unparalleled views over the Bay of Lübeck and Mecklenburg. The wide, sandy beach starts at the hotel and entices sunbathing, swimming and leisurely strolls. At 117 metres tall, the maritime illumination atop the hotel makes it one of Europe's highest lighthouses. Enjoy the breathtaking views over the ocean and watch the graceful cruise ships as they leave the Trave to enter the Baltic and vice versa. Speaking of graceful, the historical four-masted steel barque "Passat" is moored across from the hotel. The Baltic is a four season affair - as invigorating in winter as it is relaxing in summer. Business traveller or holidaymaker, its wondrous natural beauty and numerous cultural highlights ensure every stay is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maritim Strandhotel Travemunde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Strandhotel lübeck
- Maritim Strandhotel Hotel lübeck