“Nice bar but do not go there for the food”

Cheers American Sportsbar & Grill
Ranked #61 of 179 Restaurants in Jena
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Nice bar to go for a beer. But forget the food. Chicken wings are ok but nothing special. Ribs are waste of the food. First time: the ribs where cold. Second time temperature was ok. But just one rack with very little meat as a main course? Come on!

Baked beans are actually white beans in tomato sauce. Fries cold and not crispy. Cole slaw has been sitting in the paper cup for a while an has a carton taste to it...

And this is probably the only American bar in the world where credit cards are not accepted...

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I used to take a beer and some burger or ribs here everytime I was at Jena, but last time, they closed too early (11:00 pm), even when it was announced in the door that closing time was 01:00 am. Two times we try to go for a late beer, two times they told us that they are closing. Not nice.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed April 17, 2017

I cannot rave about Cheers enough. Although I have a natural distaste for theme bars, it's really great. First arrived trying to find some WiFi in an internet-free summer for organisation and just kept coming back. Great selection of sports shown, a fab drinks menu and GREAT food. The burgers are top and the sweet potato fries are a particular favourite of mine. Some of the staff can be a bit slow to serve, but others are really fantastic and will recognise you as a regular after a couple of visits.

Unfortunately for my wallet I'm a student just across the street, so I'm there often and if you want just a damned good meal and the chance to watch football, grab a beer, and see lots of yellow to cheer you up, Cheers is the place.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

As American burgers in Germany go it was OK. I had the blue cheese burger and poms (fries). The fries were better than I had expected.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2016

I visited this venue after doing a google search of resarants near my hotel. This is a sports bar and was a nice friendly place to get a well cooked burger and fries, the beer was good to! I would recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2016