“The Best in Almería”

Ranked #13 of 581 Restaurants in Almeria
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

First time I went to this Restaurant was in 1991. I used to work the whole summer in Almería and before leaving back to Madrid, we always made a celebration in this restaurant. The last time I was there was in August 1997, so 20 years ago. But I have vvisited the place some days ago. Everything is like I remembered, food included. The place is beautiful, you can have luch or dinner as if you were in a a cave -in fact it is a cave . It is located in the old road which goes from Almería to Aguadulce, very close to the sea. The environment of the restaurant is good, many couples and groups of friends or business groups of people can be seen there. I don´t remember seeing families with children but I think they also go there.
The menu is mainly about meat, but you can order some seafood as well. It is not very expensive but it is not really cheap. Waiters are friendly and You have to make a reservation in advance. A really nice place to go.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Very good meat and table service. The place is just wonderful. It is a little expensive but I worth it.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Beautiful setting in caves which gives a lovely atmosphere. However, the food was very ordinary. Two of us ordered suckling pig and it was tough and dry. None of the waiters asked how our meal was whilst we were eating. We complained when the plates were being cleared and we were offered another meal but, by then, we didn't want anything. We expected there might have been something off the bill but that wasn't the case.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We went with friends who are known for their excellent taste and visits to expensive restaurants. However this was not expensive and it did not disappoint in any way. It was superb. The location isn't easy to find but well worth hunting out. The restaurant is set in several very nicely decorated caves. The waiters/waitresses were impecably dressed and knowledgable. The menu had an excellent choice and it was possible to view the fresh fish beforehand. I had the honey coated crispy aubergines for starters - lovely; the Iberian pork main course lovely and couldn't manage a desert as we had such big servings. With bread, bottle of wine, coffees I was astonished that the cost for 4 people was under 100 euros. The best restaurant I've been to in Almeria Province after 3 years here.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

What a wonderful place, you actually eat in the mountain, food excellent staff lovely. It is stunning.