All reviewssmall hotelnarrow streetsbeautiful furnishingsold jewish quarterlocal wineantique furniturewelcome drinkinterior patioolive oilguest roomsold sectionfew minutes walkwonderful hoteltiny roombreakfast was includedtwo nightsrestaurants and shops
Reviewed November 24, 2017

From the moment I checked in to this intimate hotel I was made to feel completely at home. The fellow at the desk greeted me like a friend, showed me and booked for me, the perfect tour of Mezquita, and offered me a seat in a small but beautiful common area with a glass of fortified wine - not Sherry, but a local variation every bit as good - while he attended to the minutiae of the check-in.

The room itself was filled with character, a comfy bed with a colorful spread, and another burst of color in the tiles of the bathroom. And from my window a view down one of the marrow streets in the Juderia, with a glimpse of the former minaret, now bell tower at the mosque/cathedral. When one leaves the hotel and steps out for an exploratory stroll one immediately realized another major plus for the visitor. It is centrally placed in the old city, and as its title indicates, seems to hold a "key" to it.

My only reasons not to give the place five TripAdvisor circles instead of four were two: the wifi was very spotty, and as I write a travel blog I need it to be better than it was. Truth to tell, of the nine hotels I stayed at in Andalusia only two had really good wifi, but it's important to me.

And the breakfast, while it had the wonderful benefit of delicious fluffy scrambled eggs not in a heated, covered pan, but made to order - wonderful! Was otherwise I thought a bit skimpy.

Neither of these are dealbreakers, but I want to make people aware of them. I would certainly book here again, in fact I wish I'd booked for three nights than two, as I didn't give myself quite enough time to really enjoy the city. I think you'll enjoy it too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We had some trepidations about staying here with a car, but we took another traveler’s advice and parked just outside the old city and walked in. Our room, on the ground floor, was beautifully decorated, spacious and very comfortable. Centrally located - ten minutes from most everything- the hotel also boasted a very hospitable staff, a surprisingly sumptuous breakfast spread and capable WIFI.

I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2017

I have written many TA reviews...TRUST ME on this one...
Perfect! Gorgeous! Immaculate! Amazing location! Staff as friendly as family! Lovely breakfast patio with very pleasant Spanish breakfast with many choices including Iberian ham and cook to order eggs! Huge room with stunning decor! SO authentically Spanish! Exceptional staff Alberto and Macarena! Welcome glass of wine! Nearby underground parking (for a fee)-and they walked in front of my car to take me to the parking lot-and then upon check out, escorted me back to the lot and helped navigate my car thru the narrow street back to the hotel-then they helped put our luggage in the car! This was one of our BEST hotel visits during our two week trip to Spain last summer. Stay here and you will have wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Room 291 was stunning, large and so comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel with large authentically furnished rooms and luxurious bathroom. Great staff, very helpful and breakfast typical and well presented with fresh food. Central location. All sites in walking distance and tapas bars and restaurants close by

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017

A great boutique hotel, located in a super convenient location for tours - the center of a Jewish Quarter in the Old City. A better location for hiking is hard to find. Everything from you to restaurants, tourist attractions. Both a great hotel and people who run it are the nicest and want to help in anything and every moment, who give good recommendations and also physical help if needed and if not ..... just recommend coming and having fun. Do not forget to call the entrance to the quarter to the hotel, so that they will be directed to the parking lot !!!

Antique furniture in the rooms require renovations assigns

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple