“Avoid”
Review of El Sardinero

El Sardinero
Ranked #527 of 665 Restaurants in Cadiz
Reviewed April 4, 2018

To be fair to the place I only had a pint here but the price was so expensive (at 4.20€ the most expensive during my three week Andalusian tour), that I couldn't be bothered to order anything else.

Plus, the waiter was one of those "you are disturbing me from writing on Facebook, go away" kind of chaps.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We were lucky to find a table as the Carnival was in full swing so this was the ideal location to sit and soak up the atmosphere and sun.
Considering how busy it was service was good. I was a little disappointed with my paella as it was nothing like the photo. Very sparse of prawns and very little fish. But have to admit it was tasty. My husband enjoyed his choice of entrecote although the chips were very oily and soft.
The main criticism is that we were charged for the bread! I so hate establishments where they plonk something down on the table but don't inform you its chargeable.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

This was a big mistake. We had just got off the ferry from El Puerto de Santa Maria, got a map and information from the nearby tourist information kiosk and wanted somewhere to sit down and have a snack while deciding our next move. The location looked good but after that it was all downhill. The service was slow and surly, the waiter took forever to write down our very simple order and then, when it came, it was wrong! We had ordered cheese and tomato tostadas and got cheese and ham ones - and they were made with very cheap ingredients. The toast was barely toast and the coffee was cold. Mind you, if it had been hot it wouldn't have tasted any better. The final insult was the bill - prices were about twice what we were used to paying. Needless to say, we won't be going back.

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Horrible food. Disappointed. I ate some fish and pizza, very very bad. And btw prices aren't low. First and last time I ate here

Reviewed November 19, 2017

I ate here the day after I had looked at its outdoor menu. At that time I had been bothered by a rather pushy staff member to sit down, so I did what I usually do when that happens - I walked away. To be fair, this is one of several eateries lined up in a row on the pretty plaza, and they were vying for customers.

The day I DID eat here I wasn't pushed into doing so, but saw a swordfish dish on the menu and decided that was for me. The service was friendly at first, but after delivering the wine and main course, the staff seemed either to disappear altogether or to be very involved with something else that had little to do waiting tables.

The swordfish was fresh and nicely grilled, but the rest of the meal was disappointing. The salad was basic and not very fresh, the fries a bit mealy.

It was overpriced, I thought, but then that often happens when you choose to eat at a pretty, touristy plaza.