“Basic but solid”
Review of Hotel Goartin

Hotel Goartin
Ranked #44 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Spent three nights in Hotel Goartin. It is situated near Maria Zambrano train station - very convenient if you are arriving to Malaga by train or plane. It takes appr. 10 minutes to walk to the hotel from train station.
The neighbourhood is a typical mixture of apartment buildings and stores. There is a large shopping mall nearby. Within few blocks there are also several restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket etc.
Hotel is very small, only 15 rooms. The main thing is cleanliness - everything is neat & tidy. There is virtually no signs of wear & tear in the rooms. Our room was relatively small, but spacious enough for our stay.It seemed that some rooms were equipped with a small terracce - these rooms are facing to the inner yard.
Our room was facing to the street, but the window had indeed very good sound insulation. Once you closed the window the noise from traffic was practically gone. Unfortunately I can not say the same about the noise from the corridor. Like in most hotels, you could easily hear other guests arrive and leave (banging of doors etc.).
All in all, Hotel Goartin was a very solid experience for us. The lady at the reception was polite, everything went well and I can recommend this hotel if you do not seek luxury.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SneakerGeeker

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Before going to Malaga we were a little skeptical about the choice of our hotel, but after seeing the room all my doubts faded. The room was spacious & clean,air conditioning worked. location is great,very near to bus & train stations.although the locality is not exactly touristy, bus ride can easily take into the historical area & beach.The staff is very helpful, the lady at the counter helped us with the bus nos. & routes & kept our luggage after we checked out, as our bus was late at night.there are not many places to eat around the hotel, so we came back only after having dinner from the town centre. Good value for money..

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nehabhushan
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was a very nice and comfortable hotel, clean and well equipped. Staff were very nice and friendly but didn't speak English so communication was through our pigeon Spanish and smiles! Hotel is very near train & bus station but was a fair walk to the sights (30mins for us who are quite active), taxis were a good option tho about 6euro.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaG79
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel is in a perfect location being a five min. walk from bus/rail services & the staff are
a credit to the hotel being helpfull & friendly
the rooms are of a generous size & very clean & the beds very comfy
perfect to stay 1 or 2 nights

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newcastlebarbara
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I flew into Malaga late one evening. Got the train into the city. Walked to the hotel (about 10 mins), which I'd booked in advance for 39 euros. Room was very clean but, unfortunately, smelled of cigarette smoke. Went for dinner - plenty of choice in the area, all seemingly very economical. In the morning I walked to the bus station (again, about 10 mins) and started my short holiday. Overall: perfect for what I needed, apart from the smokiness.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TheProfessor34
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Very good location - close to bus and railway stations, not too far from the centre. Very helpful, smiling and friendly staff. Our room was with a terrace, very nice and comfortable. Clean room and bathroom with enough space. Very good price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank raliza
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I decided to stay at this hotel because I needed somewhere to stay overnight as my flight came in late and my bus wasn´t till the next day and this hotel was perfect! You can easily get the bus from the airport to the bus station and walk to the hotel. It takes 5 to 10 min or a taxi costs around 5/6 euros. The room was clean and comfortable and there was free wifi. Only problem was that it was quite noisy at night so if you are a light sleeper ask for an interior room. The hotel is a 20 to 30 minute walk from all the main sights in Málaga but well worth the convenience of being near the bus station. The staff were very friendly and showed me where everything was and let me leave my luggage there whilst I explored Málaga.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo