We booked one night through www.expedia.co.uk and someow we could not book for 5 people so we made a reservation for 4 instead. At the same time, I chekced the hotel webiste and the exact room was for 5 peole so I sent a request if feasible to have 5 people throught expedia as I could not find the hotel's e-mail address and I was not comfortable to communicate verbally.
Until we got there, I have not heard anything from them. Upon check-in, I found out that they even did not take a look at my request and insisted that I should have contacted directly. The hotel staff asked me if and when I sent a requst and I answered precicely. She found the request in the holder and remained quiet about the fact that they had not acted anything. She mentioned that she had to talk to a manager and there would be an extra charge. In the meantime, I was given a check-in card and asked to fill in.
It was only after we got into the room, I was informed there would be extra charge. I notified them that it was unprofessional and they should have had notified me in advance instead of telling me later. After talking with the same recepionist over phone and the conunter, there was no solution provided. Finally I talked to the manage but he just insisted that I should have read policy and it was not hotel's responsibility to respond. What a costomer service they provided.
I left the hotel without settling the bill as they tried to charge the extra fee. However, they knew that they could charge since we stayed there whether we authorized the extra charge or not and simply they ruined our first day in Malaga. I ended up talking with a credit card company but they were helpless as well as the hotel provided the service as they explained.
I read someone's terrible experience about the payment and I should have avoided staying there.
The only positive side was its location....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Petit Palace Plaza Malaga is situated on the corner of Larios street, one of the busiest shopping streets, behind the Cathedral, 4 star hotel in the middle of the historic centre of Málaga. The Petit Palace Plaza Malaga occupies a magnificent early twentieth-century building. Our modern rooms feature flat screen TV (with Satellite TV), hydro-massage shower, air-conditioned/ heating and mini-bar.It is also close to the harbour, two kilometres from the railway station and 10 kilometres from the airport.Room types •66 stylish rooms.•High-Tech rooms: laptop, exercise bike, trouser press, hydro massage shower and king-size bed.•Family rooms up to 5 people: King-size bed or two beds plus bunk beds. (Baby cots free of charge).•Equipped rooms for pets (bed, feeding and water bowls).•Rooms for disabled people.•Smoking & non smoking rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Petit Palace Plaza Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Plaza Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Petit Palace Plaza málaga
- Petit Palace Plaza Hotel málaga