Hi, Happy Traveller here
We stayed in Melia La Quinta in October 2011 for nights on a great golf package from Supertravel Golf. Initially it was five rounds on their course but the European Tour confirmed this for the Seniors Open then so it had to be changed for Los Narrangos a mile down the hill.
Yes Melia is a bit expensive - our pool view room B&B was 355 euros pn full price but we got this as a package for around half that. the rooms are spacious and have great views and have balconies to sit out on. The hotel was only recently taken over by Melia but the staff were friendly and helpful and the style of the hotel is very Iberian in character which is lovely. We did have a hire car but it was 10 euros a night but secure. Breakfast is a bit unadventurous but to a high standard and the main restaurant evening meal good. There is also a little Japanese restaurant by the pool and its authentic and good food there - a meal was 95 euros - a bit more than the main restaurant.
If playing golf at La Qunta then you don't need a car but it is a way out of Puerto Banus.
The Senior Open enabled us to be next to some good golfers and to chat to them and a friendly Sky crew in the hotel and it was a memorable experience. Experiences of Los Narrangos and other restaurants appear elsewhere.
A few makeovers are possibly needed and the breakfasts need some attention to variety but for the prices of flights, car and golf we got from Guy at Supertravel golf this was wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta