This former Westin resort was a great choice for Marbella... if you don't need to be near the water.
We stayed here for 6 nights exploring southern Spain and wanted a low-cost upscale resort-y location. This 10 year-old facility was great. It feels like a smaller Hawaiian-style hotel... with a beautiful pool, lush landscaping and large terraces with sea views from the pool side.
The room was genuinely huge (we got upgraded as it was fairly empty near the end of the season... I believe it shuts down for winter in Nov.), the colorfully-tiled bathroom extremely nice, the beds very comfortable, and overall it was quite quiet. In fact, our room blew away the similarly decorated room at the Four Seasons Punta Mita for style, size and comfort.
The front desk staff is exceptionally friendly... and they were not treated that well by other guests... a few Brits were pretty unpleasant to them while they helped me with various requests. Gloria in particular went well out of her way to give us travel tips and Beatriz was very sweet... as were the young guys who also work there.
There is free wifi in the lobby and parking is 10 euros a night in the underground garage.
The downsides... the location is in an upscale golf development a mile or two up the hill from the sea, so you get great views... but the drive up to it is a long, confusing, narrow, twisty road through some pretty depressing sprawl. Once you navigate it, it's easy to remember the way but our first night we drove all around Marbella trying to find the hotel... and I never get lost. Just remember, take the Ronda exit off the tollway.
Annoyingly, there is no place within miles for coffee and a light breakfast... the hotel was buffet only. As Marbella doesn't wake up till 10am, we were really inconvenienced every morning. The hotel needs to remedy this... it's old-fashioned upselling of a buffet when you just need caffeine.
Also, the carpets in the halls are really disgusting, ripped and dirty. And to me, the worst part. The truly awful, awful post-Westin art throughout the hotel's public areas. It is everywhere. It's also amateurish, embarrassing and all for sale. If they replaced these two depressing features, I would recommend this as a great upscale resort for everyone. We chose to just focus on all it's great features and had an excellent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta