We returned to La Quinta at the end of August and have nothing but praise for the hotel and staff. We were upgraded to a ground floor pool view room with a terrace enclosed by shrubs that led out onto the main grounds; almost like having our own private garden. the room was huge, immaculate and the bed just sumptuous.
We discovered that the hotel had an onsite deli/shop which we missed last year; inside were the most fabulous choice of products from wine to soft drinks, hams, cheeses, fantastic bottled oils and freshly baked bread. Plus an array of magazines and newspapers too in multiple languages.
There seemed to be more English families this year which was fantastic for my daughter as she made lots of new friends and a great safe environment for them to play in without disturbing other guests either. There was never a problem with getting a sunbed and everything was kept very clean and tidy under the watch of the most efficient lifeguard / pool girl ever.
All of the hotel staff were just as friendly as welcoming as before too so an added bonus as you always wonder with some of the reviews on here. We went into town a few times on the hotels shuttle bus but for the majority of the time we didn't feel the need to venture away and ate at the hotel exclusively. The only (and very slight) downside was the Japanese restaurant - the food is still great here with show cooking and a wide choice but the waitress is just plain miserable. Perhaps this is just her way but it is off-putting and such a contrast to the rest of the hotel staff.
We'll be back again next year and hope to for many more years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta