1,561 results
All reviews sea grill dani garcia six senses roman bridge thai gallery junior suite tennis club garden suite beach resort choice of restaurants golden mile luxury hotel hotel guests beautiful hotel main pool kids club beach front
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

The resort is great. I couldn't find the restaurants to review on Trip Advisor so here we are.
Although the the food at Uni , the Japanese restaurant was really terrific, and the staff helpful the service was so slow. The starters arrived before we were offered drinks, we waited too long to be offered more drinks and we waited 40 for the bill, where we were charged for 3 bottles of vino rather than 3 glasses, although sorted when I pointed this out. 100 euro difference.
This poor service pails into insignificance when compared with our first meal here at the Del Mar on the beach.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MaybeP
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with all of us and other readers. We are so glad that you enjoyed our facilities and found the service friendly and accommodating. Your feedback regarding the UNI has been shared with our F&B team to make sure the service will improve at all time and we really appreciate your constructive comments.
Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to welcoming you before too long.

Best regards,

Jorge Manzur
manzur@puenteromano.com

Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

We stay here about 6 times a year because it has everything you could possible want for a luxury break in Marbella . The Plaza Village is now complete with 5 top notch restaurants and a classy courtyard bar creating a wonderful atmosphere in the evenings , we have tried all 5 restaurants and they are all different but all are good , there is also the brilliant beach restaurant Sea Grill for magnificent fish in a wonderful setting . The rooms are spacious with comfy beds , large bathrooms and nice terraces . There are 3 pools , if you want a peaceful time go to the pool by Rachael's coffee shop , the breakfast here is also first class . Highly recommended .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
PuenteRomano M, Director General at Puente Romano Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Puente Romano Beach Resort and Spa Marbella.

Its such a pleasure to receive comments such as yours and know were meeting and exceeding our guests needs and expectations.

We're constantly improving and adding new facilities to the resort, therefore we would be delighted to welcome you back to experience these such as our brand new Six Senses Spa.

Reviewed July 6, 2015

After trying the Marbella Club I thought I should try the sister hotel and I was not disappointed! Beautiful resort in lush gardens and water ways with different pool areas to choose from and the fantastic Sea Grill for lunch and dinner. Well, you do have plenty of restaurant choice in the resort with everything from 2 star Michelin dining experience to fresh Japanese food to Thai to Italian, the choice is endless. Breakfast is served with a great buffet which has everything and you can just relax outdoors with the bird singing. Don't miss the new Six Senses spa (which was yet to open when I stayed, but knowing the brand, it will be amazing). Rooms are larger than large, actually they are called Junior Suites. Great bathrooms and your own balcony is beautifully overlooking the gardens and the water streams. In the evening you have to go to what they call the Plaza for a drink, great buzz and you can wonder pass the historical roman bridge hence the resort name "Puente Romano". very cool. Guess being solo was not ideal but I think if you are a couple, family or a group of friends, you will have a great time!

Room Tip: Love the rooms with views over the gardens
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Worldtraveler30

Dear Guest,

Thank you so mcuh for taking the time to share your experience at The Puente Romano Beach Resort and Spa.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed not just the Hotel but everything the Puente Romano has to offer. As a Leading Hotel of The World we take pride in exceeding our guests needs and expectations and comments such as yours reaslly motivate the whole team.

We look forward to wleocming you back soon, and hope you get a chance to experience our NOW OPEN Six Senses Spa.

Reviewed July 5, 2015

After 6 months of intense work, I decided I needed a rest. So I booked 4 nights at the Puente Romano. I wanted a good hotel (I am a bit fussy), with a bit of life. After much deliberation and last minute booking I chose the Puente Romano. It was perfect for what I wanted. The resort is quite big but has a quiet feel with nice gardens with streams running along side the pathways between the buildings. I had a Jnr Suite with a balcony over looking the pool. The room was really well furnished, a good size with a sofa to watch the telly which even had BBC 1 & 2 (for us Brits) + Sky news. The bed was a bit hard but nevertheless comfortable. The bathroom had all the right stuff, with a detachable shower hose for those who like to wash their hair over the bath rather than in the shower. 2 sinks (his and hers), I alternated. The room was away from the main restaurant area so it was nice and peaceful. 2 flights of outside stone stairs to get to it but that was fine. Had breakfast on the balcony in the room and the service was excellent (always arriving in 20 minutes of ordering). Beware none of the water in the room is free btw (not an issue - it just isn't).

I used the beach rather than the pool. The beach was small and had a small slope - never had to worry for a lounger though. The drinks service on the beach was very patchy.

The gym was really excellent (in the Tennis Club), it had all the weights even a heavy lifter would need and a rower which I like to use. I didn't use the Spa but maybe next time.

Several restaurants at the hotel (including a 2* michelin); I ate at the Sea Grill and Uni. The seabass at the Sea Grill was really fresh and fantastic. Book Uni early, capacity is limited and it is very popular. Both restaurants I used were really excellent (London-ish prices). At midnight Uni turns in to a bar and club, both very vibrant and not just for guests. Most guests dressed up for the evening, well the women really, lots of sequins, summer cocktail dresses and high heals, the men mostly had very expensive t-shirts and jeans (Issey Mayake-esq). The people watching was fantastic fun - quite glamorous - singles, couples and families. The service in Uni was slow but that was fine because I wasn't in a rush and just wanted to enjoy the night. The cocktails were ok - nothing to write about though.

The concierge service isn't good really. When you can get through on the phone (10-20 rings) they aren't particularly helpful (they just haven't connected up the booking for the on-site facilities with the concierge).

Overall I will definitely come back, either as a single or a couple. Its a place to kick back relax, have some great food and do some people watching.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Law135

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella. We are thrilled to hear such in depth wonderful review, and most importantly, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As a Leading Hotel of The World we take pride in exceeding guests' needs and expectations, therefore I will share you comments with my colleagues whom I am sure will be very pleased to read your feedback.

We have now installed a new Cardolla Sysmtem in the rooms where you may contact any departement, including the concierge via the tablet.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you can experience this new feature as well as our new Six Senses Spa.

Reviewed July 2, 2015

We have just returned from a weeks stay and loved everything,food, pools,beach and staff were all excellent and I have spent the last few days since our return telling everyone what a great holiday we had.

Stayed: June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you expereince at the Puente Romano Beach Resort and Spa Marbella.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed everything from the food in our restaurants to the pools. I will be sure to share your feedback with my colleagues who I am sure will be very motivated with your comments.

We would like to thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.