All reviews mc cafe mc beach kids club garden pool champagne bar beach club buffet lunch sister hotel main restaurant lush gardens golf buggy puente romano beach restaurant beautiful property stayed in a junior suite people watching the costa del sol
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

If Lamborghini, wall street and fancy clubs is your thing there are better places to visit.

If you think Riva, cuban cigars and Hermes look no further.

A beautiful location, world class service and great food make you feel at home, every time. Great for families, amazing for couples.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
TheMarbellaClubHotel, Director General at Marbella Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear David v,

Thank you for your nice review.

We focus our efforts in creating an unforgettable experience for our guests, and in making them feel at home as much as possible.

We look very much forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

We just returned from a week at the MC Hotel.

In booking this vacation, I had, of course, checked out reviews on Tripadvisor and it sounded pretty good. So my expectations were high, especially at these prices.
I can honestly say that my expectations were exceeded, by far, and we had a spectacular week there. It was just GREAT !

Most other reviews are fairly accurate. I would just add some highlights :
PLUSES - Fabulous and immaculate gardens and grounds.
- Our suite was amazing. Super comfy, 3 terraces. large and beautiful
- Best wifi of any resort. Quick and available everywhere (and free).
- MC Cafe was a huge winner in every way; food, ambiance, service, etc.
- Housekeeping (twice a day) was perfect and among the best anywhere.
- With few exceptions, service was outstanding and always with a smile.
- Concierge Antonio simply fantastic !
- Beach service was perfect.
- The golf was superb in every way.

I hate being picky, but I know readers are interested in any minuses:
MINUSES - MC Grill had excellent food, but tables too close to each other and
service varied from excellent to poor at times.
- Bicycles were in very poor condition and should be complimentary.
- It would really be nice to have an adult-only pool.

Overall, this is a super property in a gorgeous area and people were extremely nice and welcoming throughout. Yes, it is pricey, but as I always say: you get what you pay for. What a great vacation place ! We cannot wait to return.

And finally, a small anecdote : we stayed in a room called the David Livingstone Suite. The last Livingstone Suite we stayed in was at The Victoria Falls Hotel in Zimbabwe ........ this one was light years better.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheMarbellaClubHotel, Director General at Marbella Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear travelgurudoctor,

Thank you dearly for such an impeccable review! We truly appreciate your time for such a detailed review.

You made a great choice coming to Marbella – there is so much to experience that doesn’t fit into the typical tour guide. And, we’re truly happy you chose Marbella Club for your stay.

We are glad to see that you have really understood the essence of the Marbella Club!! Beyond the physical sides of our product and facilities, which you describe, our team truly takes to heart the concept of customer service aiming always to make clients feel like home, in a familiar ambiance.

We know how important it is to choose a place that can transmit peace and tranquility, and that can only be felt when you return home. Thank you again for choosing us!

We took note of your constructive comments of things to improve and we will certainly take them into consideration.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Julián Cabanillas.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Since I was a child the hotel has always kept its high standards I can't think of a place more special to my heart , my husband and I are always there once a year and marbella club has never let us down

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheMarbellaClubHotel, Director General at Marbella Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Dear Reem G,

Thank you for such heartfelt review.

It is always very rewarding to receive these comments, especially from our returning guests and it will be a great pleasure to welcoming you in the near future.

Thank you very much for your support!! We truly appreciate it!!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

When my friend don Alfonso von Hohenlohe discovered Marbella in the late fifties, he saw what no one had seen - the potential of Marbella, then a fishing village, as a prime tourist destination.
Of course a hotel was in need and he initiated and built the Marbella Club Hotel along what is now called "The golden Mile" at the highest international standards, having lived among other places in Mexico .
The hotel still stands as the Grand Dame it was meant to be.
It is with pleasure I note that recently "la milla del oro" has been renamed after him.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear admiral b,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

The Marbella Club has a special charm and its illustrious history can be felt through both, the facilities and the team. We pride ourselves on our heritage , and in making our client feel at home as much as possible.

We look very much forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

A member of LHW (Leading Hotels of the World)...Really? The LHW inspectors must have been mislead or drunk when they approved the listing.

Reception and Concierge give an excellent impression upon arrival here but as soon as you leave this area the tacky ambience takes over.

Food is terrible and totally below standard for such an establishment, the lunch at the pool bar gave us an indication of what to expect. Tasteless and uninviting plates of meat and fish dishes, unimpressed. When I stay in a hotel of this supposed calibre and cost I want an experience that blows my mind away, here does not. Good wine list but crazy prices, for example, Muga Crianza is €56 per bottle whereas in any other "upscale" restaurant it would be a maximum of €30. The very poor lunch was followed that night by an even worse evening meal. For 4 people with a bottle of wine and other drinks it was €510.... crazy stuff. This is NOT fine dining or a Michelin Star location and you need to be to command that sort of pricing!

Wet seats at breakfast. The tables are obviously prepared the night before and left overnight as the table cloths and seats are soaking when you take a table each morning, nice! No breakfast till after 8.00! Plus they charge €32 per head for very poor food, I was totally surprised to read other reports saying how good breakfast was. Only 300m from the hotel is an excellent upmarket cafe/bistro where you can enjoy superb food for €10. This is curious for a hotel with a golf course nearby, how do they expect you to take breakfast before golf? The courtesy bus collect you at 8am, same time as the breakfast commences.
No bar for people in shorts, what happens for apre-beach/after beach or pool? The beach bar stops serving at 18:00 but the hotel does not serve until 20:00. Curious!!

Jr Suits are good whilst other rooms are dated and were last fitted in 1970 or so they appeared! Air con smells bad in the older rooms too. Remember that these rooms are over €500 per night not including breakfast, for that I demand something really special and here is not special. The only saving item is that a daily round of golf is included in the room rate (at least when we visited), so this makes the price a little more acceptable as the golf will be worth €200 per game (2 players and buggy). Talking about golf, one of the courtesy mini bus driver thinks he is a rally driver. The hotel really needs to test and check people driving guests around! He was scary even for me.

Room tip: Junior Suites are best
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Bigboy1959

Dear Bigboy 1959,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are very disappointed to read that you found our hotel so expensive and we take your comments into consideration.

We are aware that there are many other options in Marbella and in other destinations for much affordable prices, but unfortunately we are unable to offer any services for such prices due to our staff ratio of more than 3 employees per available room.

Staff levels, whether it is low or high season, and employee loyalty, in order to have experienced employees of trust, who know our clientele and the hotel, are basic pillars of The Marbella Club business model.

We understand that our business model is not of your taste, however if you ever consider giving us another chance, please feel free to contact me personally and I will be delighted to take personal care of your stay and experience while on property. I will be delighted!!