All reviews mini fridge less than a minute walk waterfall shower old town close to shops central hotel light sleeper short stay large room great hotel good size rooms are clean the costa del sol orange squash balcony marbs storage
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Baviera canceled our reservation made months ago with 2 days before check in for invalid card that they could not explain. Same card was used for the 2 weeks Andalucia tour without any problem and was used to pay at Baviera also. They cancel reservations to upsale their rooms. It is not about 100 euro more, but we were almost left outside beying notified during a day with flights that we have 4 hours to update card (email, not sms). Their management decided that this is fair and their is nothing they can do about. Avoid this hotel, very rood staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Stayed here recently with a hen party, this hotel is nicely situated for a 10 min walk to the beach, or 10 mins to the beautiful old town. Taxis just outside if required, you are quickly in Puerto Banus.
The hotel itself is very clean, with friendly and efficient staff. I think we all had nice rooms, with comfortable beds and good clean bathrooms/ showers.
My room 101 was lovely but if you were hoping to sit out on the balcony then avoid this room. Really scruffy, no room for table or chairs and absolutely no view !
I think rooms at the front of the hotel are much better.
I would have asked to be moved but really didn't need a balcony for this visit.
Cold breakfast buffet very good and adequate, the lady in charge there was lovely , very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Not 101 ... Scruffy balcony
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sylvia D
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

I was visiting my fiancé in Marbella and he had booked in a room at this hotel. I was utterly disappointed and embarrassed to be turned away at the door by the very rude receptionist as I did not have my passport. He repeatedly shoved some piece of paper in my face (which was written in Spanish so I could not understand) which he kept telling me “police police”. I went outside to order a taxi, and tried to return inside the sliding glass doors and the receptionist had locked the doors! How shocking! This experience ruined this evening for me in Marbella, as I couldn’t share it with my fiancé. I do not recommend anyone to stay here due to the incredibly rude receptionist.

Date of stay: May 2018
3  Thank rlazarus347
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Was very happy with my choice of hotel. Very clean and comfortable with a good size room. Fantastic, powerful shower with lots of hot water. Staff were very efficient and helpful. Location is good - 5 mins from sea and 5 mins from Old Town. If I have any quibble (and this is really minor) breakfast is a good cold buffet but no hot food (although there is a microwave to heat tortilla) and it's served in a very stark, brightly lit basement room. Overall, I thought this hotel was a good find, would happily stay there again and would recommend to others.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was conveniantly located, very close to main attractions. The room was spacious enough and very clean. Only minus was that it did not have any sound proofing at all. The street next to the hotel was very busy so there was a lot of noice coming from outside and you could also hear everything from the hallway. For my self not that big of an issue as I was tired from a day of hiking but if you are a light sleeper I suggest another place.

Breakfast was pretty basic, bread, croissant, cereal etc. Nothing fancy, or healthy, but cheap and gets you going. Would have hoped some fresh fruits though.

I felt that the front desk agent was a bit hostile during check in but as we only stayed one night can't say if she just had a bad day or what.

Date of stay: February 2018