“Lovely apartment in old town Marbella”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Marbella Old Town

The Front door The lounge area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Front door
The lounge area
The lounge and dining area
Access to the terrace and reading area
The reading area
The reading area
The terrace from the lounge
The dining area
Relaxing area with sunshade
Family bathroom
ensuite
Guest bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
85bjarneb
Levanger, Norway
“Lovely apartment in old town Marbella”
Reviewed August 5, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Very nice apartment with a lovely roof terrace. Situated in the outskerts of the old town it's in walking distance both to the old town an the beaches. We were two couples with a two year old child. The bedrooms are rather small so we put the baby cot in the living room. That worked very well as we always stayed on the terrace in the evenings.

Boomcb
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Badly managed”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I have thought long and hard about what I would say. And I'm waiting on the return of my deposit. I've stayed a lot of places. I'm afraid I have to start with negatives:
- arrived 3pm on a Saturday. I'm used to being greeted by agents (JR) but knew this wasn't the case. So with key code, let ourselves in. It hadn't been cleaned, dirty sheets, used towels in the shower. Completely unacceptable. Took me a while to get hold of Jane, the agent, who basically forgot we were arriving and arranged for cleaners to attend. You're paid not to forget. I even thought about arranging a hotel that evening. We went away for 3 hours and it was sorted, but not the point. What if I'd arrived 8pm on a Sunday?
- level of cleaning was questionable to me. I'm not OCD but not good enough. Didn't feel clean.
- complete neglect of outside spaces. The roof terrace is a great space. But the sofa has many missing cushions, and the ones there are dirty; the sun beds none - which are covered in bird crap. The table was FILTHY. See previous reviews.
- kitchen facilities good but mostly as a result of previous visitors leaving stuff
- no aircon downstairs so you have to use upstairs to make sure the house is cool

Good things:
- location is great for the old town. Same street as hotel las moradas. Hub of night time dining
- lots of space

The agent is failing the owner. I tried to get some compensation, albeit token. Nothing more than 10% of my next booking offered. I don't revisit places. I gave a second chance. No response. I expect a retort. But read my previous reviews and understand that I'm giving you good advice! Look for alternatives.

BE AWARE THAT IF THERE ARE ONLY 4 of you using 2 beds you can save €250. 2 of us got stung for the full £ even after complaining.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Aug 2017
This a hands up and agree with regards to the house not being ready for the clients arrival! We did however as soon as advised get the house turned around immediately. The clients did not make us aware of the state of the terrace and if she was not happy we would have sent the cleaners back. I agree it was not a good start to the holiday but I can assure future guests that this is the first time it has happened.

It is our standard practice to offer a 10% discount of any future booking however as the client did not want to book again we refunded 100€ as compensation.

The house is advertised as a 3 bed however to give clients flexibility we can offer a discount if only 2 bedrooms required and this is clearly stated in the listing and you do need to request this at time of booking.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

DebbiecLu...
Luton
“Perfect location in Marbella old town”
Reviewed January 29, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Great communications and very accommodating with arrival and departure times. This is a beautiful house in a very pretty street and the owner has thought of practically everything. The kitchen looked beautifully equipped although we never used it as there are too many excellent restaurants nearby. We thoroughly enjoyed our winter weekend break here. The hopefully constructive comments we would add are that as we couldn't be bothered to buy logs and light a fire everyday on holiday we had to make do with the electric radiator to heat downstairs which wasn't brilliant but did keep the chill off. There are no dvds so don't forget to pack some and probably quite importantly, there is a major renovation going on at the rear of the property. We were fortunate as the builders finished mid-afternoon on Friday when we arrived and started again 8.00 am on Monday morning the day we were leaving. I think during the week this currently may have quite an impact on your stay here which is such a shame as it is completely out of the owners control and quite a common problem we have found when booking rental accommodation abroad.no problem for a weekend break though

orla k
Athlone, Ireland
“Fabulous location”
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This is a great townhouse located in a very pretty street in the oldtown of Marbella.
We are a group of friends and it was perfect for beach restaurants and the shops. If you have young kids or are elderly this is not for you as there tiled steps up to the bedrooms and steps out of the bedrooms and into the bathroom.
There are however 2 bathrooms and a downstairs toilet which was great when a few travel together.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Paul T
London, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed May 12, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

A very nice apartment with every thing you need, the property is well looked after.Beds were very comfortable. The apartment is In a perfect location Old Town Marbella

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Lauren T
“Stunning holiday home, in perfect location.”
Reviewed November 27, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We all loved this property. The location is fantastic, you really are in the centre of the action! The house is very clean, and well cared for. There were a lot of extras like bucket/spade, a few toys for the children, it feels like a truly loved holiday home. You can tell the owners care about their guests; this was much appreciated. Even though there were a lot of us, because of all the separate living areas it never felt crowded. We would not hesitate to return in a few years. The only thing to be aware of when booking is that there are a lot of stairs which could result in a bad fall for older people/young toddlers. Our eldest was 3 at the time, she could manage it keeping an eye on her but it would have been a headache with a younger toddler.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Homely feel
Liked least: stairs
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing