All reviewsmain roadevening mealsmall hotelshort walk to the beachlarge supermarketfriendly hotelrefurbished roomair conlovely little hotelpool area is smallbudget hotelhalf boardmini fridgefirst floorcarihuela beachbus stoplovely room
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Just returned from 8 days staying at Los Arcos Hotel. I never book 5 star luxury, I don't go on holiday to stay in my room, however I do always want cleanliness and a good location and this is exactly what I got. The hotel is basic, the rooms are basic but are cleaned daily and provided what we needed for our stay. We stayed in room 3, ground floor with a lovely shared terrace. The only thing I would say is this room slept 4, a double bed and 2 singles, luckily there was only 2 of us, I do feel it would have been very cramped if there had been 4 of us. We hired a mini fridge for the week which was €1 per day and worth every penny. The air conditioning was free and although there were some issues with it these were sorted promptly by the hotel staff. The pool area is small, and was very peaceful when we were there which suited us to the ground. There werent many sunbeds, however we never struggled to get one. The arms on the sunbeds are metal and get extremely hot in the sun so be careful!! We went to the beach on a few occasions which was only a 10 minute walk. I do feel the location is superb, we walked into Montemar Torremolinos and Benalmadena from here. I would say it's around a 15 minute walk either way for Torremolinos and Benalmadena Marina, which is a very pleasant walk along the sea front. We have stayed in the Montemar area on a number of occasions, however this was out first stay at Los Arcos and we wouldn't hesitate to return. All in all a very relaxing holiday.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karendicko
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

We have visited this hotel many times, mostly on a b and b basis. Each time we are always impressed and made to feel so at home. The hotel is small and basic but spotlessly clean, the breakfast is plentiful with a good selection of hot and cold items. But the real charm of the hotel is the staff, the front desk staff of Thomas, Sergio and the other young gentleman whose names escapes me are just so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble to them, they are a credit to the hotel. Counting the days till we are back in September.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

hotel has good location 10 mins from railway station. 10 mins from promenade. 30mins walk from torremlinos in one direction. 20mins from benalmadena marina in opposite.hotel provides an excellent breakfast.the pool is small but adequate for a cool dip.rooms and bathrooms need modernised updated but have good tv bbc 24hr etc.reception staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank andy d
Reviewed June 23, 2016

Stayed at arcos de montemar for 1 week in early june dont bother with airport transfers get the train it cost €1.80 from malaga airport to el pinillo station then walk a few hundred yards to hotel.
Hotel was basic a little dated but clean and very friendly sergio on reception is very helpful breakfast was a bit basic but plenty of it.
Weather in june was fantastic 30 degrees every day
Hotel 5 minute walk to promenade from there you can walk Benalmadena port in 20 mins overall a good base for your holiday

Room Tip: Use public transport
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John D
Reviewed June 18, 2016

Had a weeks holiday with a friend. Could not have wished for a better place to stay. Reception staff, Sergio, Thomas and Xavier most helpful, always welcomed with a smile. Not forgetting Laura in the dining room, delightful. We booked half board. Food fresh, plentiful and varied. Excellent value for money. Rooms could do with a little updating, I understand this is a project starting in November. But housekeeping excellent, towels changed everyday , lovely and clean hotel. Short walk to beach if you didn't want to stay at pool, which is quiet a small area, but adequate for hotel. Will be back, just had a lovely time here. Thank you SHIRLEY

Room Tip: Worth a telephone call before you go to request requirements. Had a lovely family room overlooking pool on ground floor with large balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends