3,553 results
All reviewsrooftop pooltrain stationsmall glassescentral locationsea viewshort breakhalf boardplenty of choicestayed all inclusiveall inclusive drinkspaellamalaga airportall inclusive packagelots of shopsbars and restaurantssoupssan miguel
Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

Nice clean hotel but very little to do 8n iff season.

Beer tastes like fairy liquid, cocktails not much good as barman kept giving me alcohol free ones without informing me.

Dinner us mostly fish and pork, i hate pork so in future im doing only room only here.

Don hotels on the beach are 4 star too but far superior food and entertainment.

Nice central location and staff friendly but i felt not eniugh going on around the hotel.

Plus the lack of variety of meat dushes at dinner unless of course you live pork.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Gary C
Reviewed September 22, 2015

My husband and I stayed here last year for Christmas. We had met each other at this hotel in 1978 when it was one of the best hotels in torremolinos. After seeing a special offer for the Christmas period we decided to return to the Cervantes for a trip down memory lane. The hotel itself was little changed on the outside and looked the worse for wear. The rooms looked like thay hadn't been refurbished since he hotel was built and the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. The carpet in the corridors was also ancient and showing its age. The bar had been refurbished and whereas it was once a stylish bar with live music every evening it now resembles a cheap cafeteria. The cosy and comfortable lounge is now a cold and shabby one. The outdoor heated pool was closed and the garden muddy with sparse grass and untended shrubs. The rooftop pool was open but not inviting as it was crowded and the smell of chlorine was overpowering. The food was absolutely disgusting and my husband and I both had upset stomachs after 1 day. I have to admit that I actually cried after out first meal. We had been used to waiter service and very good food when we stayed here before and the restaurant is now a buffet restaurant which only caters for the most undiscerning of guests who are happy with processed bread, instant coffee, burgers and chips. In all the years I have holidayed in Spain I have never had such terrible food. I wouldn't stay here again if you payed me and wouldn't recommend the hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank holidayfanBelgium
Reviewed September 20, 2015 via mobile

I visited this hotel with 5 friends for a girly weekend away in June. We were pleasantly surprised, the staff were friendly and very helpful, the rooms were clean, the food very good & the location excellent both for the town and the beach. A bit strange to have to queue before the pool area is opened and it makes for a bit of a free for all to get sun beds but overall a great hotel, would recommend.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kate W
Reviewed September 20, 2015

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Reviewed September 19, 2015

My husband and I along with my brother in law and his partner decided to return to this hotel for the 2nd time, after a rather unimpressive visit 2 years earlier. The reason for our return is the hotels location, which is excellent for all that Torremolinos has to offer. We stayed all inclusive from 6/09/2015 to 13/09/2015 in rooms 505/506 with sea view. The rooms are basic but adequate for your needs and are kept very clean. The entertainment is virtually non existant and not worth bothering with (some sort of drag artist a couple of times a week). Your drinks are served in small wine glasses and therefore this creates very long queues at the bar towards the end of the evening. The bar is open 11.00am to 11.00pm and all lights in bar area and balconies are turned off at 11.00pm prompt, and everyone must be out of the outside bar area by 11.30pm, not what you want on a lovely summers evening on holiday. We mostly found the food to be what you would expect from an all inclusive, especially if you like pork, but there was always something to get by with. The breakfast was our main concern, there was the usual bacon, eggs, sausages etc, but the cereals came in small sealed packets. On the 10/09/2015 my brother in laws partner opened a packet of corn flakes and out popped a rather large dead COCKROACH!. After the initial shock and photographic evidence we summoned the waiter on duty who took our room numbers and promptly threw it in the bin. We assumed that this would be reported and some sort of explanation would be offered, but after 2 days we had heard nothing, and so we made some enquiries ourselves. The management knew nothing about this and after some negotiations the manager finally came to see us, along with his interpreter, as he couldn't speak English. All he said he could do was offer his apologies. We know that this isn't the hotels fault, and that they can't be held responsible for what is in the packets, but we hoped that they would take this matter further, and inform us of the outcome, but we wasn't given that assurance. Later that evening a plate of fruit was delivered to our rooms as a gesture of an apology, but who wants fruit when your all inclusive and can get this anytime!!! We enjoyed our holiday, but would definitely, definitely, not return for a 3rd visit. Anyone visiting this hotel, BEWARE.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms don't always get the sun.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family