All reviews good size room was large hotel lobby carihuela beach half board pool and sea view ten minute walk nice pool area bus stop plenty of sunbeds lovely hotel most nights evening entertainment very clean hotel fresh salad cleaned daily mini disco
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. You couldn’t fault for the money paid. I went as part of a big group that was 9 adults and 2 small children (2 and 3 years old). There was a Small park for children to play and a pond that they enjoyed looking at all the fish. There was always something to eat as we went all inclusive. Pizzas, burgers, chips ect from behind the pool bar were beautiful and made to order. There was a member of staff called David who was particularly good with my niece and nephew. He made them laugh, chatted to them, remenbered there name. David was quick to serve everyone and polite. His English was brilliant (considering we hardly spoke any Spanish). David was always busy cleaning, serving, stocking up freezer and fridge behind bar, I saw him bringing numerous loafs of bread and rolls. Lovely place I would return! X

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank thompsonleah20
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel close to the beach and the center.
The pool is quite big and every day there are activities planned.
The staff is nice and willing to help.
If possible ask for a room in a top floor to get a better view.
One point less for charging the WiFi 5€/day

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gian Andrea B
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Before booking this hotel I read several reviews posted about this hotel. I must admit I had reservations but I have had these before and they were unfounded then as well.
This hotel is slightly dated however it was kept in a very clean condition and work was being done to keep the appearance as good as possible. Our room was generous in size, the bed was a good size and the bathroom was spacious. The cleaning and towel exchange was good.
We had booked an all inclusive deal and enjoyed the food and drinks on offer. In the restaurant the food was typically Spanish (as were most of the guests). It often amazes me that people book holidays in foreign lands and then expect greasy spoon meals they left back in the UK, yet the food here was all edible, tasty and suited most tastes of the clientele. The hotel being on the coast provided many dishes using locally sourced produce which believe it or not will include fish.
The staff were as helpful as could be and always had a smile.
I do think that reviews that do not reflect what was paid and the goods received are often placed by consumers who expects something for nothing. Not so at the Royal Al Andalus, we got what we paid for and very good it was too.

Room tip: Get the train from the airport and get off at Torremolinos and walk down hill to the hotel
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank PaulMac327
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Hotel on a steep hill but not far to beach shops bars and restaurants about 7 mins walk downhill. All staff were really nice helpful and courteous. Hotel is quite dated I'd say more 3 star than 4 star, though rooms are huge probably biggest room I've had in a hotel and we had beautiful view over pool and sea. Hotel is really clean and maid service is daily. I wasn't impressed at all with restaurant being a 4 star hotel I was disappointed I'd say was more like a cafeteria no tablecloths on tables etc, food wasn't great not huge selection and was always really cold though there was a microwave to heat it up if required. They defo don't cater for British taste. Entertainment was terrible though to be fair it was mid April so hopefully in high season it be better but consisted of karaoke for a short time bingo for short time then Spanish dancing with bar closing promptly at 11. Pool bar wasn't open on our second day, we had missed breakfast (all inclusive) asked where to get snacks to be sent to pool bar n had come back to main bar as pool bar was closed. Wasn't impressed with all inclusive either as couldn't eat the food in restaurant defo not my taste so hoped to use snack bar thinking perhaps burgers hotdogs chips etc....all inclusive snacks consisted of crisps nuts cookies and tiny croissants where every other all inclusive I've been on they have salads toasties burgers hot dogs etc so I feel it was pretty poor for a 4 star all inclusive. I know I was in Spain but defo didn't cater for British at all hotel was mostly Spanish guests. Decent location dated though very clean catering for other nationalities in both food and entertainment so for this reason I wouldn't return to this hotel.

Room tip: Pool view room as also gives u a sea view
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from lovely weekend away and was not expecting the best having read recent reviews. Hotel is clean however slightly dated, staff are very friendly and happy to help. Pool area is clean and plenty of sun beds. Food is delicious and plenty of choice. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel and train station is 10 minutes walk away. Will definitely be returning but not in March as it’s very quiet.

Date of stay: March 2018