4,190 results
All reviews lagoon pool kids club family room the lion king half board mamma mia across the road family holiday sea view great family hotel large hotel smaller pool reception staff something for everyone dining room evening entertainment main pool
Reviewed June 15, 2015

I stayed here with my daughter aged 13 on April 2015. I was very dissapointed by the rooms, not what I had expected of a 4 star hotel. They were comfortable but the bathroom lacked of basic toilettries and didn't looked spotless. We only had one soap dispenser for handwash, bodywash and shampoo. I expected a bit more of a star hotel. The minibar was non-existent all we had was an old empty fridge in the bedroom which looked dirty and smelled terribly bad.

The Good Points: The situation of the hotel is very good, front line for easy acces to the beach and a beatiful swimming area and play area for the youngest ones.

The Bad: The restaurant's selection is very basic and whatever might look appetizing (not very much) is not up to standards. To make things worst, some of the foods looked really old and dry as if they had been there all day or even for a few days. Even simple things like the cheese and breads were dissapointing. We couldn't find anything that really appealed to us on the so called magnificent International Buffet Restaurant.

Would I go back? I don't think so, to expensive and dissapointing for what it is. True enough that the outdoor areas are stunning, but I also expect good cleaning standards for the rooms and at least a good restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Isabel B, GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGER at Sol Principe by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2015

Dear Wendy I,

Thank you very much for giving us your impressions about your last holidays here with us at Sol Príncipe.

We really appreciate your comments about our location, outdoor areas and our comfortable rooms.

The restaurant is a buffet restaurant, with two different areas: Buffet with show cooking and salad bar, vegetables, fish and meat, fruit and desserts and the Italian corner, pasta dishes, cannelloni, pizzas and other Italian treats, but we take note to improve our gastronomic offer!

Regarding to our rooms, we have our new family rooms lagoon pool view, they are really cool .

We deeply regret not being able to meet your expectations.

Kind regards.

Reviewed June 14, 2015

11 family members aged from 2 to 62 stayed in this hotel on an all inclusive basis and it was excellent. The food was of a high quality, varied with an incredible choice to suit everyone. The newly refurbished family rooms overlooking the pool were of a high quality. The staff were friendly and helpful. Evening entertainment was enjoyed by all - we really could not fault this hotel- it was brilliant!!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank lynda s

Dear lynda s,

Thank you for staying in Sol Príncipe and for sharing your experience. All our efforts are rewarded when we read comments like yours “Amazing holidays”.

We are so glad that you appreciated our staff, our new rooms, our entertainment and our gastronomic offer. This is indeed a source of pride for all of us: to surprise our customers with effective and brilliant service.

The entire staff is looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future!

Kind regards

Reviewed June 14, 2015

We were very pleased with our experience at the Principe Sol and would certainly return in the near future. The hotel location, cleanliness, overall value and family friendly environment are outstanding

We appreciated the extensive choices of meals provided at the restaurants.The food was delicious!

The pools and their facilities are very clean and there's a secure and easy access to the beach. There is an abundance of shower stalls available which are kept at a very high standard

We found that the open deck area overlooking the sea was wonderful where we used to relax and have a quite drink

As far as the stay at the hotel we were very impressed with room service and the amount of time and effort the staff put into keeping our room clean and comfortable.

The hotel accommodates all ages whether with games,entertainment, dancing or spa treatments.The main lounge is very comfortable, as well. Carlos, Pueblo and the entertainment team did a super job keeping the energy up and guest entertained.

The staff were friendly and helpful they were very attentive to the guests and in Alberto the assistant manager was very thoughtful in trying to please us. Thank you Alberto

In closing we were very iressed and pleased with our stay at the Sol Principe hotel

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rinacat

Dear Rinacat,

We would like to express our gratitude for your nice comments. It is pleasing to read that your stay was comfortable, it really means a lot for our team and it is much appreciated.

Sol Príncipe team will be so delightful to read such nice comments as they do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again in Costa del Sol, your “Paradise”.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 8, 2015

Ive read countless reviews on this hotel before i went away. Some which scared me alot and made me feel like i had made the incorrect choice for my first family holiday! that couldnt be further from what i experianced when i was there! we had an excellent 10 days and i wanted to write an honest review of my experiance and go into depth so people who are worrying can read it and maybe will put there minds at ease because that what i needed before i went!

Reception:
Our experience was quick polite and easy, i do agree that sometime it is hard to explain things clearly enough as sometimes there is a language barrier, but that can easily be assisted with some extra help.

The room:
We had been put in a double room ( not the most spacious) 3 beds put together in a t shape which made it hard for us to moniover and not ideal for my toddler but again nothing that would destroy the holiday or mood, but that is what to expect. It was sea view beautiful clean nothing wrong maintenance wise. The cleaners are an absolute credit to this hotel they where in cleaning and tidying our rooms everyday(how anyone can say other wise i am unsure they are everywhere constantly cleaning and tidying!)

The food / Restaurante

Massive choice of food over the 10 days we stayed different fresh meats vegetables, pastas, pizza breads, deserts you name it, Really good selection all fresh and constantly topped up. Breakfast and mealtimes can get busy in season but thats what you would expect with such a large hotel isnt it? There was always something for everyone. I was shocked a lunch a dinner as the waiters would come to your table and give you drinks it wasnt self service and your plates where took away immediately. Always lots of choice of places to sit.There is a no racer top policy for the men only which i found bizzare but we followed that rule.

Pool
Wow!!! what a pool selection a huge lagoon pool 2 baby pools one shallow one swimming and sports pool near the swim up bar where exercise takes place and an adults pool at the front. All beautifully maintained and lovely. 1 negative is people ARE reserving the sunbeds even though they are not allowed we were at the pool by 9-930 most mornings and very hard to even get 2 sunbeds together this shouldnt be allowed and sometimes made it difficult to get a place for my family to even lay! Bar service around the pool is excellent a shout out to Miguel who was always friendly and helped with whatever you needed, People complaining the pool is freezing? no where does it state on the hotels description outdoor pools are heated...its going to be chilly when your so hot from the sun, i found all swimming clean, it heated up by the afternoon anyway!

Childrens Entertainers - Flinstones Team!
What a bunch of lovely talented and extremely kind people. They made my little girls holiday every night at the mini disco she loved them 1 very special lady and forgive me i will spell her name wrong Aidoha? beautiful Spanish lady with long very curly hair. She is excellent with children, she made sure everyone was happy everyone was included and made sure the children where always happy! she was encouraging for the children to join in and she always said hello and spoke to my little Girl Lyla around the pool and when seeing us outside of her duties. I didnt get to say bye to her but would like to thank her for everything she did to make my little girls time happy and enjoyable. You would be lost without the nightly discos. My only problem was they start to late :( 21:15 start time is slightly to late for the littleones to wait. however we managed and enjoyed it! i would advise they start around 8-830 this would be better. We say a difference between in season and out of season in season is definitely better lots of people on stage at the disco dressed up and characters from Flinstones coming onstage for photos.

Stage Show:
We watched them evertnight and they where all fantastic the Lion King was amazing and my little girls favourite. Please go see the shows they are fantastic and the children will love them. They have a few for the adults charlie chaplin, Flamenco dancing and an il divo like group.

Saftey Deposit boxes where very expensive and u only recieve 5 euros back out of the 32 it cost to hire it so we didnt bother and everything was fine.

Building work:
So many people complaining about this - my experience...yes you could here drills did it ruien my holiday .....no! it was a tiny bit of noise which was going on and we where having to much of a good time to even remember it was there daily. Occasionally i heard it going off and thought of they have started working again but it didnt bother me i was warned before i went and it really had no effect on any of the people i spoke to or myself daily.

IMPROVEMENTS: i only have 2 improvements for this hotel which isnt alot at all one would be earlier start time for mini Disco and also the music daily and evening time. It cries out for modern chart music the hotel music is very boring and that what we where missing the kids would love it to dance to on an evening and would be lovely to listen to some quietly around the pool.

All in all fabulous stay beautiful hotel amazing staff and they are a credit to the hotel, all hard working i would recommend this hotel to anyone i knew with children its beautiful big and well worth the money. Thank you Sol Principe and sure we will be back again soon!

Susan Swan

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank Sswan1989
Isabel B, GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGER at Sol Principe by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2015

Dear Sswan1989,

What a complete & fantastic review!!!Wow!! Thank you for make us now your experience about your holidays in our hotel, and for share it here in Tripadvisor. We love that you have enjoyed your holidays!!! Your words telling us that you were satisfied with our entertainment shows, food and facilities, and our friendly staff are so kind and make us feel so proud of our work!! We really appreciate your lines.Your comments will be given to our different departments specially to Ainhoa and Miguel.

We hope that you come back soon to Sol Príncipe, and make you enjoy another lovely holiday.

Best regards

Reviewed June 7, 2015

Where shall I start? .... The shear size of this hotel impressed us at first, then the volume of noise because of the amount of guests just spoilt it. The restaurant was so busy with people constantly getting up and down for food and the mass of nationalities talking wasn't pleasant or a peaceful experience. It felt stressful and or thought the food was very good, we ate out on several occasions because you just cant hear yourself think.

There are many rooms here with many guests from Spain, France, England, Ireland, Netherlands etc. The staff are very good and very professional, they did work really hard and very organised. A credit to the hotel.

There are activities if you want to take part, but this also added to the volume around the poolside. So we had music from the bar and the builders are just finishing yet another block of accommodation. Then the shear mass of people; not a quiet poolside at all. It did give me a headache as you just cant switch off.

I've mixed feeling about this Hotel because so many things are good; clean rooms, friendly efficient staff, good food, good location, lovely lagoon pool (but not much floor space) and the best entertainment we've seen in a Hotel in the evenings. Yet the scale of the Hotel means you feel overwhelmed. Its lost its personal touch and for me, you go away to unwind and relax, which I didn't so we made sure we went out as much as we could.

This Hotel would be good in the quieter months and for families. Easy to get to from the Airport and caters for many food tastes. My son loved the chocolate fountain but they only did this once a week. The entertainment team are fantastic, so they will get a gold star from us.

They have a sports bar with pool tables, a bar inside the main hotel with a singer which is more for adults and an outside bar where they did the shows but that stops at 11pm.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank hollianna
Isabel B, GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGER at Sol Principe by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2015

Dear hollianna,

Thank you for choose Sol Príncipe to spend your holidays and for sharing your experience. All our efforts are rewarded when we read comments like yours: "Credit to its staff "

We are so glad that you appreciated our staff kindness, our rooms, evening entertainment and our gastronomic offer. This is indeed a source of pride for all of us: to surprise our customers with effective service. Your comments will be given to our different departments so they are aware of your opinion and reviews like yours encourage all of us to continue working hard every day to satisfy our guests and make them live unforgettable experiences.

Your opinion is very important to us and you can be sure that the management and the staff will use every one of your remarks to improve our services.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,