All reviews beach bar older hotels on arrival left daily cooked options la carihuela evening meal pool area the hotel reception area beach front cleaned every day with fresh towels excellent location side sea view room plenty of choice at breakfast restaurants and shops torremolinos area either direction
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Four night stay here, was a last minute booking and was a bit apprehensive after reading previous reviews but I needn’t of worried . Location is brilliant right next to the beach, pool area yes is small but you can use the pool facilities at the neighbouring hotel.
I personally thought the food was ok, plenty of choice at breakfast/ evening dining times, again a lot of negative reviews on here but wasn’t a problem for us. The hotel is a very clean and the room was very comfortable.
Enjoyed it so much we’ve booked for next year .
Thanks MS Tropicana for a great stay

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAAK
Reviewed May 3, 2018

Was given a room facing the sea on the first floor - the view as a little obscured by the porch over the Hotel entrance though. The room which was spotless and cleaned every day with fresh towels left daily as well. I was a lone traveller on a half board basis. I arrived very late on my first night but they had plated up a meal for meal for me with a selection of cold meats and cheeses and bread etc which I thought was really nice. The Breakfast was very good with a lot of choice (cereals, fruits, croissants, as well as hot foods - the scrambled eggs were particularly delicious. There was also a selection of cold meats. The evening menu was so-so - definitely not 4 star and you can't have tea or coffee with your evening meal unless you pay for it, which I think is out of order! The Hotel is a bit old fashioned, but its clean. The restaurant staff were polite and friendly but the Reception staff, apart from one, were very rude and abrupt. There was a huge TV in the room, but no tea/coffee making facilities or a fridge. The position of the Hotel is very good, on the beach and half way between Torremolinos and Benalmadena. It was a cheap break so I can't complain that much.

Room tip: I was in 212 and view of sea slightly obscured by the hotel entrance porch
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RACHELINHULL
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Room was basic we arrived early morning about 10,30 am last Thursday, good enough Reception let us leave our cases, we returned about 3 hours later to book in, The lady Receptionist couldn't wait to get rid of us. We asked about the safe & was told their is one in room no details or time about the restaurant & where it actually was. in the hotel you could hire towels wasn't told 20 euro deposit, we tried to work on how to lock our valuables in the safe didn't work at all apparently you needed a magnet & another 12 euros for the safe for 5 days so first day here we are in too 32 euro for towels & safe. Location of the hotel is fantastic right on the beach, pool ok. Meals breakfast good food in the evening basic buffet food not 4 star rating for me.All the waiters were spanish & very ignorant to the English ask for a drink 3 times one night & still waited 15 minutes in the end I wen the bar to complain, On the last day waiting to give in the towel the bloke on Reception seen that I wanted to return them carried on talking on the phone for a good ten minutes, if I had interrupted him he would have still carried on talking. My own personal thought they don't like the English & need a massive customer service training I am afraid.

Room tip: Rooms small
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2018

We stayed here last week and we were very pleased that we chose this hotel. Very centrally located between Benalmedina and the center of Torremolinos. The staff were incredibly nice and nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel was exceptionally clean and comfortable. We ate out a lot but the food at the hotel was nice but with so many restaurants to choose from we wanted more variety.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Torremolinos, you won’t regret it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2018

short break for 3 couples. Hotel was in lovely surroundings, gardens and lovely pool area. Reception area very clean and tidy. Restaurant very good, breakfast included and very nice, lots of choice. Rooms were very clean and tidy, bathroom had everything needed, good shower, bath and bidet etc. Rooms cleaned every day. Fridge and large modern tv. Balcony overlooking pool. Would definitely stay again, the location is wonderful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple