Everyone's expectations are different. A bedroom is a bedroom, but the difference
between a 2 star and 4 star should be obvious. The Amaragua definately has 2 star bedrooms.
Firstly if you think, as I did, you are going to get any of the rooms shown on websites, forget it. There excuse is that the modern part of the hotel was closed so we were put into the 'old' hotel.The rooms are tiny, the beds are hard, there is no body cream, shower cap, etc that you would expect from a 4 star. There is not even a clock in the room. An old television, with a whizzing noise that made watching it annoying.
On check-in, I requested a high floor, sunny room. We were given rooms on the 2nd floor, and we got sun for about 20 minutes at 8am! The other room got no sun whatsoever. Neither bedroom bore any resemblance to what is shown on their website. Marina, the receptionist, seemed intent on giving us the opposite to what we requested. So much so, that when she recommended taking the bus into Malaga for a shopping trip, we took the train!!
The lobby of the hotel is nice as are the grounds. I would reckon 3 star quality. The only 4star thing about the hotel is it's location. Sitting on top of the promenade, overlooking the beach.
I had phoned the hotel prior to booking to check on whether the pool was heated. I was told it was. When we tried to go for a swim, the pool was freezing. When I asked about the pool being heated, Marina advised me it was. When I was more specific, it turns out the indoor pool is heated but not the outdoor one. The indoor pool closes between 2 and 4, when we would have wanted to use it.
We requested late check-out - it cost 40 euro for one room, which is good value if you don't have to go to the airport until the evening. However, I felt they knew we were so disappointed in our rooms, that they could have offered the late check-out room for free, by way of an apology.
This was the most expensive hotel option on all the hotel websites - certainly the Marbella area offers better value and true 4 star hotels. Pick up your socks Amaragua. Higher standards, a receptionist who cares (although everything was always said with a smile), and a concierge to answer questions would all enhance the experience of staying in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- SENTIDO Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain